I've downloaded and tried to install a third party setup.zip.
- Windows Defender detected Trojans continuously until I rebooted.
- I permanently deleted the downloaded setup.zip and the corresponding files created/modified in the C drive at the same time the Trojans were detected.
- I found two folders with long strings in capitals with the same modified/created time that included browsers' (edge and chrome) content (Autofill, CC, Cookies, Downloads, History, Wallets and passwords) in txt files.
- I moved the two folders and renamed them.
- Then installed Kaspersky Anti-virus and scanned. The results:
All these were pointing to one cache file named: f_002ce3
I deleted all files in the Cache folder and did a full scan. Didn’t find anything.
What does this mean? Was the browser data already been received by whoever made the setup.zip file or is it part of a long game? I realize I have no way of knowing but I’ve been worried sick for the past 2 days. What should I do next?