Kaspersky
Solved

No backup codes for 2FA?

• 24 July 2021
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi,

Some time ago, it was enabled the option to activate 2FA on My Kaspersky website in order to have a better protection for the account.

But I noticed that there isn’t any section where I can create backup codes if I both loose my SIM card and my smartphone, or even worse, if someone stole my phone with my SIM. If something like this happens, I could loose access to My Kaspersky.

Why isn’t possible to create backup codes? I think that should be added as soon as possible.

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Berny 24 July 2021, 20:18

@nicos18 Please submit your suggestion to Kaspersky Technical Support.

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@nicos18 Welcome.  Didn’t you install your 2FA application on another device which should offer you the option to modify your mobile number ?

Userlevel 1

@nicos18 Welcome.  Didn’t you install your 2FA application on another device which should offer you the option to modify your mobile number ?

Actually, I use Enpass as 2FA app method, but the point is another.

I think that there must be the option to create backup code(s) to access the account in case something goes wrong.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Userlevel 1

I never contacted Kaspersky support in the past. Could you explain how can I do that?

Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@nicos18 Here is link https://my.kaspersky.com/techsupport#/requests/new 

Well thank you for this thread :) 

Hi,

Some time ago, it was enabled the option to activate 2FA on My Kaspersky website in order to have a better protection for the account.

But I noticed that there isn’t any section where I can create backup codes if I both loose my SIM card and my smartphone, or even worse, if someone stole my phone with my SIM. If something like this happens, I could loose access to My Kaspersky.

Why isn’t possible to create backup codes? I think that should be added as soon as possible.

Thanks

Hello there, I was about to create a new topic, but I’ve found this one and it’s exactly what I was worried about.

Today I wanted to test the my kaspersky site to find my phone, but then the surprise: you must enter a code sent to your phone to sign in!!! Are you kidding me, Kaspersky? I’ve lost my phone and I can’t use the ‘Find my phone’ function because of this nonsense two factor authentication? And there is no other option to sign in like sending a code to your mail or a backup code! This is really serious and needs to be fixed as soon as possible :rage::rage::rage:.

Userlevel 1

@lilium66 yes, indeed. It is in these situations like yours that having a backup code is essential.