VPN is often “not available” on my iPad. But when it is active I can see “VPN” text in a rectangle on the upper right of the screen), the ads in news media and other websites show ads targeting my age and the city I live in. Shouldn’t this be “invisible” when VPN is on?
Does it have something to do with that it is not possible to sign out of Google on an iPad, even though I use duck.duck.go for searches and do not always have Gmail open?
Best answer by Flood and Flood's wife
Thank you for posting back & the additional information
No apology necessary, we’re here & available whenever you’re ready
- Which KVPN version is installed please?
- Re “ VPN (paid version) is staying consistently on”, it’s possible, when you first reported the problem, the browser was retaining the history, even after the VPN was working properly.
- Loosing bookmarks is definitely painful, we always export bookmarks before running any refresh procedures, then import, once the reset is done.
- Frequently visited sites will populate “old” data.
- Don’t compare KTS on the PC & KVPN on the iOS, that’s not a “like for like” comparison. KTS is providing a wide range of protective functions, unlike KVPN, it’s function is to hide the source IP.
- VPN software has no capacity to block ads, the purpose of a VPN is to hide the originating IP.
- Correct, the KTS license does not provide AV software for iOS.
- Regarding Kaspersky Security Cloud, it needs to be installed as a separate app, however, the free version may have advertisings, to not have that problem, a Personal or Family paid subscription is required; that would mean paying full freight for 2 av solutions: KTS & KSC
- Kaspersky Security Cloud, for iOS, was not available 5 years ago.