Kaspersky
Question

Kaspersky Secure Connection is not connecting [Merged]

Hello,

I am a Kaspersky subscriber (both internet security and VPN). The VPN Secure Connection works great on Windows 10 but doesn’t connect on my Xaiomi Redmi Note 4 or Galaxy S7 Edge (tried it on both)

I got a feedback from your team that service is blocked in Egypt. Strange enough that although your VPN is powered by Hotspot Shield, Hotspot shield VPN works without a problem when I installed it on both phones.

Is your team aware that Hotspot shield works fine and the issue is in Kaspersky layer (not the service) ?

27 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hello @wbadry,

Welcome!

The use of VPN technology is subject to local laws and regulations. Kaspersky Secure Connection should only be used for its intended purpose.

It is not available for downloading or activation in Belarus, China, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Oman, Pakistan and Qatar.

1. What actions have been taken to troubleshoot & resolve the issue?
  2. Please post an AIDA64 Report for both phones?

Post back please?

Thank you:pray_tone3:

Flood:whale:

Hello @wbadry,

Welcome!

The use of VPN technology is subject to local laws and regulations. Kaspersky Secure Connection should only be used for its intended purpose.

It is not available for downloading or activation in Belarus, China, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Oman, Pakistan and Qatar.

1. What actions have been taken to troubleshoot & resolve the issue?
  2. Please post an AIDA64 Report for both phones?

Post back please?

I am located in Egypt. So the service should work legally without an issue as stated in your statement.

1. I am using the same ADSL WiFi network on Windows and Android phones (not using mobile internet). Windows connects without an issue, the Android phones fails to connect to VPN.
  1. I attached both requested reports.
Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hello,

I got a feedback from your team

Are you referring to K-Lab Technical Support?

Hello,

I got feedback from your team

Are you referring to K-Lab Technical Support?

Indeed. They asked me to use a debugging version. I downloaded the apk, sent back the logs and they reported that service is blocked which is hilarious as Windows version works. Also if it because of different vendors (windows is powered by Anchor free while Android version is powered by Hotspot Shield). Hotspot shield itself works without issues on the same phones. Leaving only one possibility that either your Hotspot shield APIs are outdated or you have a bug in your wrapping layer to the same Hotspot shield service that works on their own application.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@wbadry I am sure you realize this is a user Forum which means we can’t provide you any  further assistance. 

@wbadry I am sure you realize this is a user Forum which means we can’t provide you any further assistance. 

Yes just posting to let others know about the issue if encountered. Cheers

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@wbadry You are welcome. We amicably close this Topic.

I am a Kaspersky premium subscriber and locted in Egypt.

On Windows 10, the serice connects without any issues and I am able to select any server and VPN works as a charm

On Android (no matter what mobile I use), even the latest version, it always fail to connect to VPN service.

The Hotspot shield itself can create a successful connection. It is Kapersky app that fail to connect. I am using Android 7.0 and Android 9.0 phones. Both failed to connect. Other VPN apps including Hotspot Shield works fine (using one only at a time).

I wonder why Kaspersky uses different service providers on Android and Windows if Windows service provider is working great.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hello @wbadry,

Welcome back!

According to Kaspersky Technical Support, sent: Thursday, 7 May 2020 16:05:

• Both Kaspersky Secure Connection for Windows and Kaspersky Secure Connection for Android use Hotspot Shield Technology.
  • Kaspersky Secure Connection VPN servers are operated by AnchorFree.
  • AnchorFree is still AnchorFree despite being absorbed and operated by Pango. 

unquote

1. What happens when the VPN fails on either Android? 
  2. Does the problem happen on every one of the 28 remote virtual servers?
  3. May we have an image of the problem please? 
  4. Is there any other Kaspersky software installed on the Androids? If “yes”, name & version? 

Please post back?

Original topic: 

Kaspersky Secure Connection is not connecting
Resources:

Windows - Limitations of using Kaspersky Secure Connection

Known issues with Kaspersky Secure Connection for Android

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@wbadry Did you try WiFi and 4g ? 

Hi @FLOOD 

Thank you for your response,

• What happens when the VPN fails on either Android?

• Does the problem happen on every one of the 28 remote virtual servers?

Yes although fastest server if fails, it means all of them did.

• Is there any other Kaspersky software installed on the Androids? If “yes”, name & version? 

Both are signed to my Kaspersky EMail premium subscription.

@wbadry Did you try WiFi and 4g ? 

I always try it on WiFi only as 4G mobile service provider most commonly block VPN

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@wbadry Please sumbit a Ticket to K-Lab Technical Support https://center.kaspersky.com 

Also , are you talking about the same ISP for WiFi and 4g ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hello @wbadry

You’re most welcome:slight_smile: !

Thank you for updating us, the information & the images:ok_hand_tone3:

1. To help us understand, please explain “Yes although fastest server if fails, it means all of them did. “ ?
  2. When you engaged Kaspersky Technical Support & they said “the service is blocked”, did they explain that statement? 
  3. Was the conversation continued when you pointed out the service was available using Windows, KSC-VPN? 

Please let us know? 

@wbadry Please sumbit a Ticket to K-Lab Technical Support https://center.kaspersky.com 

Also , are you talking about the same ISP for WiFi and 4g ?

The 4G has different service provider. Most VPN don’t work on 4G in Egypt unlike home WiFi.

Hello @wbadry

You’re most welcome:slight_smile: !

Thank you for updating us, the information & the images:ok_hand_tone3:

1. To help us understand, please explain “Yes although fastest server if fails, it means all of them did. “ ?
  2. When you engaged Kaspersky Technical Support & they said “the service is blocked”, did they explain that statement? 
  3. Was the conversation continued when you pointed out the service was available using Windows, KSC-VPN? 

Please let us know? 

1. I guess if you pick “fastest server option”, the application iterates through all servers to check the fastest one to be picked (might be wrong and they may already have server loading report updated to directly use a less busy one). Either way,  I tried all of them and the result was the same.
  2. Unfortunately, the technical support was too lazy even to check the sanity of their response. If it is blocked, how come it is working until now on all Windows 10 devices with no issues at all.
  3. No. They closed the issue regardless.
Optimal Server
Austria
United Kingdom

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@wbadry Your 2 separate Topics are merged. Can you please provide an INC number.

@wbadry Your 2 separate Topics are merged. Can you please provide an INC number.

Sorry, what is the INC number?

I have indvidual license for both Kaspersky Internet Security and another for Secure Connection

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@wbadry INC Number = Your ticket reference from your request to K-Lab Technical Support. Please check your EMail exchanges with K-Lab.

Summary

• Kaspersky Secure Connection works very well on Windows 10.
  • It always fail to connect using Android version (same WiFi as Windows device).

It is happening on any WiFi while Windows version is working as expected. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hello @wbadry

Welcome back!

1. Is this the same issue you raised  6th May 2020, Kaspersky Secure Connection is not connecting ?
  2. What was the outcome of your interactions with Kaspersky Technical Support? 

Please inform us?  

Flood:whale: +:whale2:

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@wbadry Is your ISP modem/router’s firmware up-to-date ?

Hello @wbadry

Welcome back!

1. Is this the same issue you raised  6th May 2020, Kaspersky Secure Connection is not connecting ?
  2. What was the outcome of your interactions with Kaspersky Technical Support? 

Please inform us?  

Flood:whale: +:whale2:

1. Yes and hasn’t been solved yet.
  2. Closed without any response. 

@wbadry Is your ISP modem/router’s firmware up-to-date?

I don’t think it is relevant since the Windows version works on the same router from any Laptop. It is the Android version

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

1. Yes and hasn’t been solved yet.
  2. Closed without any response. 

Hello @wbadry

You’re welcome!

• When Kaspersky Technical Support closed the INC, without any response, what action did you take? 

Please inform us?  

Flood:whale: +:whale2: