Kaspersky
Solved

Can i get a virus by logging with an acount (putting email and password)?

• 31 March 2021
  • 5 replies

so i clicked on a strange website accidentally and then i cleaned all browser data, formatted the drive and made a scan with KVRT. I also changed my accounts credentials, but can i infect my pc again by just logging in?

Please don't ridicularize me, i'm really anxious

icon

Best answer by Flood and Flood's wife 31 March 2021, 01:03

so i clicked on a strange website accidentally and then i cleaned all browser data, formatted the drive and made a scan with KVRT. I also changed my accounts credentials, but can i infect my pc again by just logging in?

Hello @highlander89,

Welcome!

No-one is going to ridicule you; we all know how stressful things like you describe are. 

1. Do you mean can the PC be re-infected by logging into the PC or into the same website, or another website & or application? 
  2. Do you have any other Kaspersky software installed other than KVRT?

Please let us know? 

Thank you:pray_tone3:

Flood:whale: +:whale2:

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hello @highlander89,

Welcome!

No-one is going to ridicule you; we all know how stressful things like you describe are. 

1. Do you mean can the PC be re-infected by logging into the PC or into the same website, or another website & or application? 
  2. Do you have any other Kaspersky software installed other than KVRT?

Please let us know? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hello @highlander89, Welcome.

I think you have done everything necessary.

Unfortunately you didn't tell where you log in.
Email, RDP, social media,...?

But at first sight I don't see any risk.

just by logging in PC, or in the apps.

Accounts like Google, Spotify, Steam

No downloads and no links, just logging by e-mail and password

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hello @highlander89

No, if you’ve done all you said:  “cleaned all browser data, formatted the drive, made a scan with KVRT & changed accounts credentials”; it would be very, very, very unusual to “infect the pc again by just logging in.”

We’d like you to monitor the PC for the next week; if you notice any unusual behaviours, from the PC, any apps & or browsers, please post back? 

Also, maybe you’d like to install one of Kaspersky’s home AV solutions, in Premium Trial mode = 30 days of the Premium software, we think Kaspersky Total Security would be good; when it’s installed, post back & we’ll step you thru using PC Cleaner, Unused Data Cleaner & Privacy Cleaner tools…. Please don’t run these without first chatting with us.

Hello @highlander89, Welcome.

I think you have done everything necessary.

Unfortunately you didn't tell where you log in.
Email, RDP, social media,...?

But at first sight I don't see any risk.

e-mail, social media, and apps like steam, spotify.

i can infect by just logging with e-mail and password?

(no download or opened links, just logging)