Kaspersky
Solved

Unwanted connection to site: https://m.stripe.network/

• 22 February 2021
  • 5 replies

How do i block or blacklist https://m.stripe.network/ from opening? This site is driving me crazy as it opens whenever I go to the next lesson on a couple learning sites. Not only does it open all by itself, but it opens in the protected browser.

icon

Best answer by Flood and Flood's wife 23 February 2021, 01:10

Hello @Jolene

Thanks for posting back:ok_hand_tone3:

m.stripe.network is a payment gateway, however, it should not be being pushed from other sites, even those you’re subscribed to, unless you’re activating a payment of some kind.

:one: ​Create a System restore point
:two:Reset all browsers to default→ exit all browsers. 
:three:Reset KTS to default
:four: Shutdown the machine using Shutdown, not Restart, power on, login, make sure KTS is started?
:five: Run a manual Database update → allow it to complete. 
:six: Recheck scrimba or the other sites that m.stripe.network was happening, if it persists:  
:seven: Add m.stripe.network blocked exclusion to:
[a] Web Anti-virus
[b] Private browsing 
[c] Anti-banner
:eight: Shutdown the machine using Shutdown, not Restart, power on, login, make sure KTS is started?
:nine: Recheck scrimba or the other sites that m.stripe.network was happening? 

Please let us know the outcome? 

Thank you:pray_tone3:

Flood:whale: +:whale2:

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hello @Jolene

Welcome back!

• Is m.stripe.network configured in Safe Money
  • Is the problem happening in every Supported browser: Edge Chromium, Firefox, Google Chrome, Microsoft Internet Explorer, Yandex? 
  • Have any extensions, addons or themes been recently added or updated to any browser? 

Please let us know? 

Hi Flood!

Thanks for replying. 

Yes, it does happen on every browser: Google Chrome, Opera, Firefox, Edge. I generally use Chrome and had cut out all my extensions and my browser version is up to date. 

As for Safe Money, it’s not on my list. But a web search for m.stripe/network told me it was used for payments, so I’m not sure it is allowed because of that.

However it is only showing up when I access a couple learning sites where I have a subscription. It shows up when there is nothing to do with payments.

And the strange thing is I just tried to site (scrimba.com) on my new Samsung tablet using Chrome and didn’t have the same problem.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hello @Jolene

Thanks for posting back:ok_hand_tone3:

m.stripe.network is a payment gateway, however, it should not be being pushed from other sites, even those you’re subscribed to, unless you’re activating a payment of some kind.

:one: ​Create a System restore point
:two:Reset all browsers to default→ exit all browsers. 
:three:Reset KTS to default
:four: Shutdown the machine using Shutdown, not Restart, power on, login, make sure KTS is started?
:five: Run a manual Database update → allow it to complete. 
:six: Recheck scrimba or the other sites that m.stripe.network was happening, if it persists:  
:seven: Add m.stripe.network blocked exclusion to:
[a] Web Anti-virus
[b] Private browsing 
[c] Anti-banner
:eight: Shutdown the machine using Shutdown, not Restart, power on, login, make sure KTS is started?
:nine: Recheck scrimba or the other sites that m.stripe.network was happening? 

Please let us know the outcome? 

Thank you so much! I can’t even say how much that had been bothering me. Cheers!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hello @Jolene

You’re most welcome:relaxed:

Thank you for posting back, we’re delighted the issue is resolved:cartwheel_tone3:

1. May we know which step(s) actually resolved the issue please? 

Reply / Ответить