I've had this problem for the last 6 months, maybe longer. When I try to shut off my laptop(windows key, and then click shutdown), nothing happens. Sometimes in like 5 or 6 minutes it does shut off. Most of the time it never shuts off.
The only way I have found to shut it off in a controlled manner is to pause the protection for 1 minute on my kaspersky. Shutting off kaspersky all together is also a possibility. From the moment kaspersky is blocked my computer starts turning off immediately.
Why can't my surface book shut off with Kasperky running? Somehow Kaspersky is blocking my system to turn itself off.
You can find my system info here:
Best answer by intrusus
since no Kaspersky Lab employee or another community member has responded yet, please try the following:
- Update Kaspersky Total Security. You should always use the latest version of the product. You can find the latest version here.
- Run Windows updates. You should always use the latest version of your operating system.
- Remove Kaspersky Total Security from your surface book and reinstall it. Restart the device after uninstalling and after installing it. If Windows cannot be restarted as usual,, open the cmd as administrator and enter shutdown /r /f.
- Go to the Settings section by typing its name in the search bar and clicking on the indicated icon;
- Identify the System section and from there, go to the Power & Sleep menu;
- Access the Additional Power Settings and from there, select the desired actions for each power button;
- After that, identify the option that says “Change settings that are currently unavailable”;
- In the drop-down list of options, scroll down until you reach the section called “Shutdown settings”;
- From all the options with checked boxes listed in there, make sure that the one labeled as “Turn on Fast Startup” is unchecked;
- Close everything and restart your computer for the changes to take place.