Dear Kaspersky Community,
I just finished the download of a Linux distribution (Kali Linux from their official website) from the net and I was trying to connect one of my yearly Kaspersky´s licences to this device (moving it from my old Lenovo laptop). I was checking the file I just downloaded with your software and it found many trojans, keyloggers and viruses. I stopped the scan of the incriminated file and start scanning my actual system. Than I disconnected my PC and my mobile (I used the mobile for my connection). I started performing a full scan that finished this morning without consequences (but the app was still "red"). I decided to disconnect my Google account and my Facebook profile, changing their password thanks to a spare phone. I Took my recovery drive and re-installed a factory copy of windows from there. Than, I reinstalled Kaspersky (trial) and I´m now performing a new full scan that seems OK. Three gentle and rapid questions:
1) If the antivirus doesn´t detect anything Am I safe and good to go? (also in relation to my accounts)
2)There was a strange name concerning a vault among the trojans and viruses I saw, is my vault´s password at Kaspersky compromised? If yes, what should I do?
3) Is my Android mobile possibly infected (I use it for my internet connection, as wrote)? I performed an update and a few scans and it (the mobile) seemed green and clean.
Thank you, a faithful customer, kind regards (and sorry for the inconvenience)
Best answer by Flood and Flood's wife
You’re most welcome!
First, earlier you said “There was a strange name concerning a vault among the trojans and viruses I saw”, which did not clearly state the vault is your password manager vault.
We think it’s best to log a request with Kaspersky Technical Support - https://my.kaspersky.com/; fill in the Malware, Other template; Support may request Traces, Logs & other data, they will guide you. We encourage you take full screen screenprints & submit those as well, it will help Support understand:
- IF any of the logs/traces/data files cannot be attached to the Incident, don’t use Webdav, simply upload the files to any cloud service of your choice, create a share link & add the share link to the incident.
- After submitting the case, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference number, then, normally, within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human will be in touch, also by email, you may continue to engage with the Kaspersky Technical Team via email or by updating the INC in their MyKaspersky account.
- Please share the outcome with the Community?