Kaspersky
Solved

Password manager licencing as a part of Total Security

• 13 July 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello,

if I buy Total security licence for one device, on how many devices will I be able to run Password manager?

Will I be able to install Password manager on multiple PCs even if I have Total Security licence only for one device?

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by FLOOD 13 July 2020, 16:07

Hello @espresso,

Welcome!

• No.
  • A KTS 1 device, 1 user account license, includes 1 premium KPM application/vault.
  • If you wish to use KPM on other devices, you’ll need to purchase a KPM subscription or use the free KPM, the free version of KPM does everything the Premium version does, but it only allows you to store a maximum total of 15 entries. That’s a maximum total of 15 passwords and confidential documents – like your passport, driver’s license and bank cards – combined. Which means it only offers you limited password storage, and limited storage for your personal data too. To take advantage of unlimited storage, you need Kaspersky’s Premium version.

Thank you:pray_tone3:

Flood:whale:

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hello @espresso,

Welcome!

• No.
  • A KTS 1 device, 1 user account license, includes 1 premium KPM application/vault.
  • If you wish to use KPM on other devices, you’ll need to purchase a KPM subscription or use the free KPM, the free version of KPM does everything the Premium version does, but it only allows you to store a maximum total of 15 entries. That’s a maximum total of 15 passwords and confidential documents – like your passport, driver’s license and bank cards – combined. Which means it only offers you limited password storage, and limited storage for your personal data too. To take advantage of unlimited storage, you need Kaspersky’s Premium version.

Userlevel 1

Thanks. So only standalone KPM licence offers installations on multiple devices?

So I presume it would be better to get Internet security for 1 device plus standalone KPM licence which can be used on multiple devices. I was interested in Total Security only because of the addition of KPM, by the way.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hello @espresso,

You’re welcome:slight_smile: !

• Looking at Kaspersky®️ Password Manager on the UK site, it shows Unlimited devices.
  • Regarding KTS versus KIS, if the decision was based exclusively on KTS including KPM, then the KIS license / KPM license combination may suit you. 
  • Some KPM tips:
  1. The KPM Master password is not stored & or known to Kaspersky, if it’s lost or forgotten it cannot be recovered, ever!
  2. If the KPM Master password cannot be remembered access to KPM vault and everything in it is impossible.
  3. Make regular KPM backups.
  4. Export KPM data before making any changes and or accepting KPM updates. 
  5. Accepting the KPM Marketing statement is not mandatory, however, to Decline, it’s necessary to first Accept (which kinda makes it “temporarily” mandatory:rolling_eyes: ) → see images

Resources:

How to install Kaspersky Password Manager for Windows

System requirements for Kaspersky Password Manager for Windows

How to use Kaspersky Password Manager without My Kaspersky

Kaspersky Password Manager for Microsoft Windows library

Userlevel 1

FLOOD, you’ve been very helpful. Thank you for the answers.

Reply / Ответить