Kaspersky
Question

Link Opened Many Pages in Firefox 82.0.2 64bit

• 8 December 2020
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1

I was searching for an image of the Comet Catcher Telescope and open the link at CELESTRON COMET CATCHER USER MANUAL Pdf Download | ManualsLib

When I did that hundreds of pages tried to load that looked similar to  hxxps://timerpinsullsearr,xyz/en/?search=  

followed by hundreds of letters and numbers. Then a page opened with a warning to call a phone number concerning Windows Defender stopping something. I do not use Defender, only Kaspersky so immediately closed all the Firefox pages and ran a scan but nothing was found. Can anyone shed light on this page?

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hello @bigmasterdrago

Welcome!

• :grey_question: Please check our video & images to confirm we’ve found the correct link?

(If we have selected the same link you started with) we’re unable to replicate the issue:

https://youtu.be/PbPz0izH0Uw

We tested using:

Kaspersky version 21.2.16.590a

Firefox 83.0 (64-bit)

• :arrow_right: Please confirm your Kaspersky software version, the original link, source, the outcome, is the issue still happening, if the link is accessed using another supported browser: Chrome & or Edge Chromium, does the “hundreds of pages tried to load” issue persist ?

Thank you:pray_tone3:

Flood:whale:+:whale2: