Kaspersky
Question

'Keep computer turned on' during Scan does not work

• 13 September 2021
  • 7 replies

On my Windows 10 based desktop PC when running a full scan, my computer still goes to sleep even when ‘I keep the computer turned on’ is selected.  I have been a user of Kaspersky for some years and from what I can tell this has never worked.  Any ideas on this?

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@VGAglory  Welcome. Please check you Windows power settings ?

Unfortunately it didnt answer my question.   My Windows Power Settings are set to High Performance.  My computer is set to sleep after an hour of inactivity however most antivirus software will prevent a computer from sleeping until the full scan task has been completed.  Kaspersky itself states ‘keep the computer turned on’ during a scan as an option.  My point is even with this set at least in my case, Kaspersky does not prevent my PC from sleeping. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@VGAglory I would like to help you but IMO this could be a Microsoft Windows issue :thinking:

Just set your Power Settings to NEVER GO TO SLEEP. And that is it. This is NOT Kaspersky problem. Windows has more power on your computer that Kaspersky, therefore your Windows settings have priority. You are welcome.

Userlevel 1

@Cevap 

VGAglory just explained that other antivirus applications have no problem keeping his computer awake. There are also backup applications that can do the same. If all these programs manage to keep Windows awake, some of which on VGAglory’s computer according to his report, then the problem might very well be with KTS.

Asking him to change his power-plan when KTS specifically offers an option to keep the computer awake also seems rather counterproductive. That would be exactly what VGAglory does *not* want.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

As far as I understand, this setting means "keep the computer turned on after scanning" and not "keep the computer turned on during scanning".

Userlevel 1

In that case Kaspersky should offer an option/default to keep the computer awake during an active scan. ;)