After the big update yesterday (v 2021) I have already encountered a few issues with my Total security. Like the aforementioned one where when we right on a specific file, it asks you to scan for viruses along with other windows options and now it is not there anymore. Also, the chrome extensions keeps loading when I click on it and the icon is greyed out like it is inactive. I have inserted the image below for your reference. I have also posted an image where I right-click a file to scan but the options are nowhere to be found after the update. I really need these features as they were handy. Now it is a lot of work. Please help!
Thanks and Cheers.
Best answer by Flood and Flood's wife
- Carefully check v21 system requirements ?
- Carefully check List of applications incompatible with Kaspersky Total Security ?
- Uninstall KTS, save License information only, follow the documentation carefully.
- Download & clean install KTS v21.2, follow the documentation carefully, recheck Windows explorer, Scan for viruses option & grey Kaspersky Protection extension issues?
If they persist, log a case with with Kaspersky Technical Support, fill in the template as in our image, provide as much detail as possible, if you have images & or video that may help Support understand the issues, include those, include the URL for this Community topic, Kaspersky may request Traces & other data, they will guide you if necessary
- After submitting the case, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference number, then, normally, within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human will be in touch, also by email, you may continue to engage with the Kaspersky Technical Team via email or by updating the INC in their MyKaspersky account.
- Please share the outcome with the Community when it’s available?