Kaspersky
Solved

Kaspersky Total Security Activation Error - “Timed Out: An internet connection is required to activate application.”

• 3 October 2021
  • 5 replies

Hi everybody,

I just updated my laptop to Windows 10. I’ve been using Kaspersky Total Security for several years now (on Windows 8.1) but now, when I try to activate my account using my activation code I’m given the message:

“Timed Out: An internet connection is required to activate application.”

I’ve clicked “Reasons and Possible Solutions” and have tried everything (Uninstalling/reinstalling KTS, Updating Windows, Turning off Proxy settings in Kaspersky, Reset IE Settings, and DNS configuration). I also found a Forum post of somebody who had the same problem, and it was suggested that I Reset Network Settings in Windows, which I did, but no luck.

Any suggestions? At first even the Trial Account wouldn’t update, but I finally did get that to work, so I’ve got 30 days left on that, but I DO need to get activated. I have almost two years left  on my plan.

Thanks!

Edit: My internet connection is strong and working. Kaspersky also updates normally, so there is a connection.

icon

Best answer by Danila T. 4 October 2021, 09:26

View original

5 replies

I am experiencing the exact same issue and am curious as to what the problem could be. Let’s hope we figure this out soon!

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@RuralDivinityand @wendyvermorgen Hello!

Please send current status of your problem! Is this still actual?

According to our information, this problem should no longer exist. Please check.

I am still experiencing the same problem, but will go through all the above steps again and see if it works this time...

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

I am still experiencing the same problem, but will go through all the above steps again and see if it works this time...

Hello,

You need to contact support: Consumer Support Contacts

I was able to finally activate my Kaspersky!!!