Kaspersky
Question

How to see a Notification for quarantined file?

Userlevel 1

Using Windows 10 with Kaspersky Total Security. I was running a test by creating an EICAR file. KAV detected and quarantined the file. This is fine, as I have it set to Select Action Automatically. I don’t necessarily want to say do this or that with the file and the auto mode is fine.

I would like to see a pop up notification saying a compromised file has been quarantined etc. I didn’t see anything in the settings with this option.

This is in case if I feel I’m compromised then I can run a full scan etc. Without the popup, I may never really know something was quarantined without digging into the log files. Plus I have several non-tech savvy household members who would let me know immediately if they saw a warning.

Hopefully, I’m just missing the setting.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hello,

Now Delete and disinfection cure, those two method are involved in malware operation. Only a backup which will be deleted file move to the quarantine. Do you also need these notification?

Regards.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Windows 10 with Kaspersky Total Security. Hopefully, I’m just missing the setting.

Hello @Cyborg,

• :a: When the tests were run in the browser, did you get the following EICAR alerts…? {Don’t worry about our Wicar tests, they were additional:sunglasses: } :

• The alerts you expect to see, in the Windows notification centre, happen when a malicious file is downloaded & extracted:

Thank you:pray_tone3:

Flood:whale: +:whale2:

Userlevel 1

The browsers’ behavior is as expected. It shows me a notification and prevents the download when I try to download an EICAR file online.

My issue is that I created the EICAR.txt file on a local PC following some online instructions. KAV picks it up and quarantines it but I don’t get notified that it happened.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The browsers’ behavior is as expected. It shows me a notification and prevents the download when I try to download an EICAR file online.

My issue is that I created the EICAR.txt file on a local PC following some online instructions. KAV picks it up and quarantines it but I don’t get notified that it happened.

Hello,

I wish you may need enable a notification about create a backup to quarantines if you require.

Settings → Interface → Notification settings

Regards.

Userlevel 1

Hello,

I wish you may need enable a notification about create a backup to quarantines if you require.

Regards.

I tried that setting, saved it and created the virus file and I never saw any notification. The KAV icon does turn red and the file is quarantined but I never see a notification.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hello,

Regards.

I tried that setting, saved it and created the virus file and I never saw any notification. The KAV icon does turn red and the file is quarantined but I never see a notification.

Hello,

Could you check whether the virus has been move to quarantines or not?

Regards.

Userlevel 1

Hello,

Regards.

Yes, all of the virus files I’ve created are in quarantine.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hello,

Regards.

Yes, all of the virus files I’ve created are in quarantine.

Hello,

I have a case which seems like you encountered. My issue is that lacking object deleted notification and its Report. I advise you sent your situation to KL support platform. Let them know some notifications has lost in KTS MR3 build.

Regards.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Cyborg , I reproduced this on my side, we will look deeper into this issue. The workaround would be to enable notification on screen for "Object deleted" and "Object disinfected". I will update the topic when there is news. 

Userlevel 1

Hi @Cyborg , I reproduced this on my side, we will look deeper into this issue. The workaround would be to enable notification on screen for "Object deleted" and "Object disinfected". I will update the topic when there is news. 

Thank you for your reply!

I have a request case submitted and have been working with Kaspersky to resolve the issue.