Kaspersky
Question

Firewall rules: Wildcard characters for URLs?

Hello

I’d like to block any application from making network connection to certain sites/URLs  containing certain strings like “analytics”. How do I do this?

For eg, I tried to create a packet rule, blocking Addreses from the list, Remote address =*analytics* , but Kaspersky reports Invalid format.

Whats the wildcard character understood/accepted by Kaspersky for network addresses?  IP addresses can keep changing and I’d like to use URL filters where possible.

Thanks

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I’d like to block any application from making network connection to certain sites/URLs  containing certain strings like “analytics”. How do I do this?

For eg, I tried to create a packet rule, blocking addreses from the list, Remote address =*analytics* , but Kaspersky reports Invalid format.

What’s the wildcard character understood/accepted by Kaspersky for network addresses?  IP addresses can keep changing and I’d like to use URL filters where possible.

Hello again @avkts100

Inbound & outbound data is not defined by URLs, please read KTS Packet rules.

You may wish to log a request with Kaspersky Technical Support, either via your MyKaspersky account or via Online Chat

Please share the outcome with the Community? 

Thank you:pray_tone3:

Flood:whale: +:whale2:

Thanks for the response, but thats really unfortunate, that a top AV/Firewall like Kaspersky doesnt support URL filtering.. Another firewall supports wildcard character * for URL blocking.

I did read those packet rules earlier..and infact in addition to IP addresses as mentioned in that note, it does support comma separated URLs. So I ended up hardcoding a list of sites in the Address field and it does block those..  It just doesnt accept wildcard characters.

Let me try logging in a request, but  I am a trial user now..saw somewhere I need to be a registered user to raise tickets.   I do like Kaspsersky - seems very solid AV..,but firewall needs to be more streamlined, looks like..

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Let me try logging in a request, but  I am a trial user now. saw somewhere I need to be a registered user to raise tickets. 

Hello @avkts100

Correct, no technical support is available for Kaspersky’s home AV trial software. 

However, they have the option to use their discretion, so, you may wish to proceed. 

Thank you:pray_tone3:

Flood:whale: +:whale2: