Question

Dramatic internet speed decrease after KTS 2019 install [UN-CROSS-POSTED]

Show first post

32 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5
Good day, @mikolajek
Enter here the number of your appeal to support
By the way, the patch E was recently released, there should be changes that affect the speed of the Internet connection, try installing it: https://support.kaspersky.com/13877#block1
@Friend, thank for this!

My support case No is INC000010341584. I'm a bit disappointed so far, as I entered all the necessary info and the GSI report, and in return I was asked to provide the very same info and GSI report that was already there!

I'm aware of the E patch, but since I have a fresh KTS install, it looks it hasn't been yet enabled to me (as explained in the ticket). I do the manual database update everyday hoping it will get downloaded, but so far no luck. Is there any way to enforce this module update?
Userlevel 4
Badge +5
@mikolajek new patches are delivered to all users gradually - over several days. To install the patch, run the update. When finished, restart the computer. If the patch did not come, wait until it is available to you.
Some update: Support has advised me to upgrade to the 2020 RTM version to see if it helps. I've installed version 20.0.14.1085 and... it's much worse! 😮 All I can get now is 60-65 Mbps...
I saved the app settings, so 2020 is operating with the KTS config that assured the best possible networks performance I could get with 2019.
Userlevel 4
Badge +5
@mikolajek is it so bad?
In 2020, the version promised the opposite to improve this moment.
Maybe the problem is in the old settings Kaspersky Total Security ?
@Friend, later after posting I actually removed 2020 and cleared everything with Kavremover, then re-installed 2020 with no legacy settings. No improvement whatsoever...

Support told me that the code changes in 2020 were i.a. directed into improving the scanning driver, so they should positively impact the network performance.

I did some more test and the speed varies, but in general the results are worse than for 2019...
Userlevel 4
Badge +5
Good day, @mikolajek
Any news on your problem with internet connection speed?

Reply / Ответить