Kaspersky
Solved

Does Kaspersky make Chrome Youtube lag?

• 5 September 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
  • Bronze Junior Helper
  • 44 replies

So, my youtube search bar has been lagging a lot. I looked up why and most people said it was from Kaspersky. Is this true? If so, then does anyone have a fix for this?

Edit: Whenever I type something and hold delete, Chrome and Kaspersky have a spike in CPU usage. Please, is there a fix? Thanks.

icon

Best answer by Lester 6 September 2020, 01:22

Hey, if you see this thread, I’ve found an easy fix without disabling Kaspersky. One thing to fix, is to go in incognito mode. After trying that, it worked and the search bar does not lag. My best guess is because the extension is disabled. I guess you could remove the extension, though I haven’t tested that.

Edit: I tried disabling the extension in manage extensions (right click extension). That immediately fixed the search bar lag. I hope this helped fix the issue. 

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 2

Hey, if you see this thread, I’ve found an easy fix without disabling Kaspersky. One thing to fix, is to go in incognito mode. After trying that, it worked and the search bar does not lag. My best guess is because the extension is disabled. I guess you could remove the extension, though I haven’t tested that.

Edit: I tried disabling the extension in manage extensions (right click extension). That immediately fixed the search bar lag. I hope this helped fix the issue. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Devs are informed regarding the issue.

We are waiting for the news regarding fix of the issue.

@Lester please create a request to Tech Support

Thanks!!

Reply / Ответить