Kaspersky
Question

Cannot sign into AOl [Moved]

• 28 April 2019
  • 7 replies

• Community Citizen
  • 4 replies
Aol mail; cannot sign in. I enter Password and then wait, wait; Aol will not open. Aol links for home page... also not work. When I turn Kaspersky off; I can get into all Aol pages and mail.

So; to use my mail I must pause Kaspersky protection for 1 minute.

Happened after renew Kaspersky license and it updated.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi @Mare, welcome.

Please pass your mouse cursor over the Kaspersky tray icon and tell us the full, complete name and version number of your Kaspersky product.
Kaspersky total security. 19.0.0.1088(e)
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
[Thread moved]
Mare,
please go to (KTS) "Settings->Additional->Network". Set the option "Do not scan encrypted connections" there as a test.
If this works, we can find an exception for the page and you can return to the default settings.

(dear colleagues, I would be grateful if someone could take over. For me it's time to go to sleep...)
Userlevel 5
Badge +1
Hi @Mare
Also welcome to the new Kaspersky Community.
As well as @Schulte post.
I tested Aol worked for me.
Maybe try adding Aol URL in Kaspersky "advanced settings" of "web anti-virus" in "configure trusted urls"
To do this, go to settings, web anti-virus, advanced settings, configure trusted urls, "add"
Thank you.

Example only.

Example only.

Schulte, KarDip; Thank you.

This works into trusted urls; https://www.aol.com/

When I first copied the url it had a different address; 4 other letters in it. I took them out and used only the ones above.

Some other AOL links on search do not work, but I don't need them.

Same problem happened on a different computer, internet service so I doubt it was virus.

I saved the advice from both you guys in case have further problems.

Mare
Well; it happened again. Have to turn Kaspersky off to get into AOL mail. Did research on Internet; people saying its guce advertising; AOL, Verizon, yahoo I think merged and full of ads. Will try to shut off ad blocker in browser. Find new email provider.
Will also try the other Kaspersky settings suggestion here.

Reply / Ответить