Kaspersky
Question

Kaspersky keeps deleting the file I'm trying to restore

• 21 November 2020
  • 4 replies

Kaspersky recently quarantined a file it detected with a machine learned algorithm. It was a false positive and I’ve been trying to restore it, but whenever I restore it, Kaspersky scans it again and quarantines it again. The only way I was able to prevent it from doing this was to pause the virus protection, restore the file, add it as an exception, and resume protection.

Needless to say, this is a stupidly complicated and risky procedure for dealing with a false positive, especially considering this was a machine learned false positive. For future reference, is there a better way of dealing with this? I feel like there really needs to be the option to add a file as an exception from the quarantine menu or something like that.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hello @fendern

Welcome!

1. Check the detected object using Kaspersky Open Threat portaland select the Submit to reanalyze option, add your email address & comments to send to Kaspersky experts for further analysis.
  2. If you have a subscription license, log a case with Kaspersky Technical Support, fill in the template as in our image, if your KSC version is 21.2, select 21.1 →  Kaspersky have not updated their templates; zip the .exe file, name the zip archive malware, or infected & protect the zip archive with a password, add the zip archive to the request; add the password to the request; in the problem description provide a detailed history, images & or video: if they help explain the problem & the URL/link to this Community topic: Support may request Logs & or other system data, they will guide you if necessary.
  • After submitting the case, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference number, then, normally, within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human will be in touch, also by email, you may continue to engage with the Kaspersky Technical Team via email or by updating the INC in their MyKaspersky account.

Please share the outcome with the Community when it’s available? 

Thank you:pray_tone3:

Flood:whale:+:whale2:

So I figured that the problem might be that I was using a slightly outdated version of the software, so I updated and went about my way.

Just a bit ago, it detected another non-virus. I restored it and went to the notification center to add it as an exception. There’s just one problem: [Deleted] It’s not even in the quarantine anymore! How do you even [Deleted].  How does your software go from “add exception” to “completely remove the file?” What the actual [Deleted]

To top everything off, I can’t even [Deleted]  download the file anymore because Kaspersky preemptively deletes it before it gets saved, so the newly quarantined file was never properly saved and can’t be restored!

How do I get it to stop doing this!? [Deleted]

Okay, apparently I had to manually update the software. Does this application just not have automatic updates? Regardless, I guess it’s fixed now.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hello @fendern

Welcome back!

You’re most welcome!

Good to hear the issues are fixed, thanks for updating us. 

Yes, the Kaspersky AV home software, does have automatic updates.

Thank you:pray_tone3:

Flood:whale:+:whale2:

Reply / Ответить