My email in outlook on one of my computers is having the last character in the attachment file extension changed to a dash such as .pdf changed to .pd_.
In googling the problem, it is apparently associated with the "Filtering email message attachments" settings. The solution they suggest looks to be for a version of Kaspersky other then Security Cloud because it starts out by asking me to open the application setting window. I can not find it.
Best answer by Igor Kurzin
We have created a tool to restore the attachment extentions.
Important: it is a must to create a backup of all the emails before using the tool!
Please note: the tool works with the following folders: "Inbox", "Sent Items", "Deleted Items", "Outbox", "Drafts". So if there is a folder created next to Inbox (not inside Inbox) it will not be processed, and it is necessary to place the required email\folder with emails to Inbox and perform the instruction above once again.
1. Make a backup of all emails in Outlook:
2. Find out the version of Outlook (x86 or x64).
3. Create a new "C:\Tool" folder
4. Download the tool and unpack it to C:\Tool\
So "C:\Tool\" folder will contain 2 files:
5. Exit Outlook
6. Exit browser
7. Disconnect network (disable wi-fi or unplug network cable)
8. Exit Kaspersky product (via tray)
9. Launch cmd.exe as Administrator and execute the command:
10. Execute the command in the same cmd window in accordance with the version of Outlook:
for x86 Outlook execute:
outlook_attachments_rename_x86.exe /verbose > logfile.txt
for x64 Outlook execute:
outlook_attachments_rename_x64.exe /verbose > logfile.txt
11. Wait for completion of the process.
12. Start Kaspersky product.
14. Then launch Outlook and check the attachments in Inbox folder.
15. Launch Kaspersky product.