Kaspersky
Question

I let shop repair my computer, many hardware and software were modified. How to trace this?

• 23 September 2019
  • 3 replies

I gave device for keyboard repair but they used for some other purpose , they tuned off security cloud
& i found chrome logged out and all browser settings changed, is there some software to trace what
they did with the device by kaspersky or some other vendor?

Is it possible to detect if someone has replaced original device parts with duplicate old hardware parts of the device or installed spyware on the device? Most shops here deny to repair in front of customer.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5
I gave device for keyboard repair but they used for some other purpose , they tuned off security cloud & i found chrome logged out and all browser settings changed, is there some software to trace what they did with the device by kaspersky or some other vendor?
Is it possible to detect if someone has replaced original device parts with duplicate old hardware parts of the device or installed spyware on the device? Most shops here deny to repair in front of customer.

Hello @abcd1234,
Welcome!
Please tell us:
Operating system name? version? build?
Kaspersky Security Cloud version? build? patch(x) x= letter (see note at the end of my reply)
Did you leave Chrome signed in (to your account) when you gave the device to the person/Company who fixed it?
Please let us know?
Thank you🙏🏽
Note: Kaspersky free software has (config) limitations, advertising & no Technical Support. If we know this, we ensure we never waste your time, advising you, for example: "contact Technical Support".
Windows 7 64 bit pro
Kaspersky security cloud trial
Yes chrome was signed in when given for repairs, when i got back, both chrome signed in were signed out and chrome was reset to original settings
Userlevel 7
Badge +1
Only God knows what the other people did to your hardware and/or software. :)

Hardware modification concern: Not a Kaspersky related issue.

Software modification concern: Kaspersky is not your best bet to resolving your concerns. If you are concerned enough to bring up this topic, you can completely resolve your concern by formatting and re installing Windows. 🙂

Reply / Ответить