Kaspersky
Question

Chrome shows 'managed by your organisation'

• 11 March 2020
  • 7 replies

Hello everyone,

I have just done a fresh Windows installation after I grew suspicious of my system's behavior. My virus- and malware programs never detected anything strange. After install I looked for a new free reliable virusscanner and came across Kaspersky Security Cloud.

Today I noticed that in Chrome's tools option it says ‘managed by your organisation’ . A quick google search indicates this might be malware, as it is my home PC and I am not part of a network/organisation. Visiting the link chrome://management/ shows the same message.

Should I be worried, or is this part of the Kaspersky Protection chrome extension which I agreed to install?

Thanks in advance.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hello @aterhougas,

Welcome!

1. May we have an image(s) please?
  2. Please provide me with more information please, in your opinion, how is “Chrome's tools option it says ‘managed by your organisation’“ a Kaspersky Security Cloud issue? 
  3. Please read Check if your Chrome browser is managed

Please post back?

Thank you:pray_tone3:

Flood:whale:

Hi Flood,

Thank you for your response. Attached are two screenshots of the extensions and policy.

I am simply not sure if this message is caused by installing Kaspersky, but since I re-installed Windows recently, Kaspersky is the only program I am not familiar with and I have never had this message before. I wondered if this could be part of Kaspersky's chrome extension and if the message would be considered normal. From my google searches and your response I assume this is not the case.

Thank you for the link, I have read it before and could not find the c

ause of this message, hence why I resorted to asking here. As a side note, the only other extension I have installed is AdBlock, removing this did not remove the message, nor did removing Kaspersky's extension.

I guess I’m just concerned about my security and will switch to a different browser as I cannot find the cause. Thank you for your time!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hello @aterhougas ,

You’re most welcome!

Thank you for the images and the additional information:ok_hand_tone3:

1. Please post an image of chrome://settings/help - About Chrome?
  2. IF all Google extensions are toggled OFF does the message persist?
  3. Has a Chrome Reset & Cleanup been run? 
  4. Kaspersky Protection extension version

Please post back?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hello @aterhougas

Additional to my previous reply. 

In Chrome Community, there’s several Managed by your organization topics, including resolutions, have you followed those?

Hi

This seems to be a potential major security issue where trojan/malwhare could acquire the “Managed by your orgnisation” rights.

I could not find any clear content specifiying how to figure out if the “Managed by your orgnisation” is cause by Kaspersky or not and how to remove it.

Any update ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Any update ?

Hello @P.C. 

Welcome!

Is the “Managed by your organisation” current on your system? If “yes”,  log a request with Kaspersky Technical Support → fill in Application malfunctionOther template, as a guide follow the image below; Support will require Traces, logs & other data → they will advise you:

• After submitting the case, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference number, then, normally, within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human will be in touch, also by email, you may continue to engage with the Kaspersky Technical Team via email or by updating the INC in your MyKaspersky account.

Please share the outcome with the Community when it’s available? 

Flood:whale:+:whale2:

Thanks I’ll do so

Reply / Ответить