Kaspersky
Question

Xiaomi "Ultra Battery saver" disables Safe kids

• 25 January 2021
  • 35 replies

Userlevel 1

Greetings!

I have just discovered that Safe Kids on Xiaomi phones is useless. On my daughter's Redmi Note 7 there is "Ultra battery saver" ( UBS from now on ) in shortcut buttons on top. If Safe Kids is activated/running and even if the phone is blocked by time limit,simply activating UBS and then disactivating it, Safe kids is no longer running and the app is useless. You have to restart the app and then reenable accessibility to make the app functional again.I tried every possible way to block this,but unfortunately no success. Off course,my daughter stayed quiet about this and was using the phone with app disabled for a few months until I realised what is happening.

Can others that have Xiaomi phones test this to confirm?

35 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hello,

I am glad to inform you, that the bug has finally been fixed. The version with fix: 1.57.0.1 is available already for 50% of customers in Google Play store.

I checked the fix on my two Xiaomi smartphones.

Thank you.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hello to all!

Our developers have informed us ,that the fix will be implemented only for MIUI 12 and later systems.

It is related to accessibility overlay. In previous versions it does not display always, as we expect.

We don not have the information about fix terms for now.

I will keep you informed.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hello @Eugene Savitsky

Please refer to the last post by @Mikhail Shakhov.

Thank you:pray_tone3:

Flood:whale: +:whale2:

I believe the problem is on the Xiaomi side. They just do not restart all app, after “hot restart”.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I join this question. My child does everything the same! What to do?

As well having this problem...

Any update?

The same issue on Xiaomi Redmi Note 9s… But on Note 5 works great! I think that my kid didn’t figure it out yet ;). I hope so ;). Pozdrav, Slobodan D.

Hello @Mete0r, @Eugene Savitsky & @Drakus78 

Welcome!

To set your expectations, this issue was formally raised with Kaspersky experts, 3rd September 2019, the last update was 4th September 2019. 

We’ve just sought an update & have been advised there’s nothing since 4th September 2019. 

Sometimes, the wheels turn very, very slowly. 

Flood:whale: +:whale2:

Greetings!

I have just discovered that Safe Kids on Xiaomi phones is useless. On my daughter's Redmi Note 7 there is "Ultra battery saver" ( UBS from now on ) in shortcut buttons on top. If Safe Kids is activated/running and even if the phone is blocked by time limit,simply activating UBS and then disactivating it, Safe kids is no longer running and the app is useless. You have to restart the app and then reenable accessibility to make the app functional again.I tried every possible way to block this,but unfortunately no success. Off course,my daughter stayed quiet about this and was using the phone with app disabled for a few months until I realised what is happening.

Can others that have Xiaomi phones test this to confirm?

The same issue on Xiaomi Redmi Note 9s… But on Note 5 works great! I think that my kid didn’t figure it out yet ;). I hope so ;).

Pozdrav,

Slobodan D.

Any update?

As well having this problem...

I join this question. My child does everything the same! What to do?

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

The support replied on Jan.27 last time saying that they will pass the info I supplied to developers and they will contact me back.

I accidentally marked Mikhail's reply as the answer, now I cannot undo it!

The last information on this issue: it is analyzing by our developers in frames of the

Bug 4666826: [Xiaomi] Пользователь может включить Ultra Battery Saving из quick settings

There are no news/results of analysis from them yet.

I will keep you informed.

Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hello @Dan i Jela

Thank you for posting the INC# & information:ok_hand_tone3:

Only Moderators & Community Admin can reset a Topic status; we’ve flagged the topic with your request for that. 

Flood:whale:+:whale2:

Userlevel 1

The support replied on Jan.27 last time saying that they will pass the info I supplied to developers and they will contact me back.

I accidentally marked Mikhail's reply as the answer, now I cannot undo it!

Userlevel 1

INC000012383024 is the request number.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Yes, unfortunately no solution for now,and no reply from Kaspersky.

Hello@Dan i Jela

could you please submit to me the number of your request to technical support?

Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hello @Dan i Jela

1. @Mikhail Shakhov has been looking into this & has replied above. 
  2. Bug issues may take a long time to investigate & resolve, when (date) was the last reply you received from Kaspersky Technical Support team & what did they say please? 

Please let us know?

Userlevel 1

Yes, unfortunately no solution for now,and no reply from Kaspersky.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Unfortunately, it just hides the icon and blocking of "Settings" does not block "Edit" icon and child will be able to make “Ultra battery save” icon  active again.

I have just checked it.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Maybe Kaspersky could reply if there is a way to remove Ultra Power Saver from Notification Shade as access to Settings can be disabled.

Hello,

It is a good idea.  You need to click on the “Edit” button as displayed on the first screen(sorry for Russian, I was hurried), next, you need find “Ultra battery save” icon and move it down in the list of inactive icons(see second screenshot). Then, press Done.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Mikhail thank you for your reply.

The app is already set to no restrictions in Battery settings.

This confirms that it is a limitation of the app on MIUI.  Unfortunately this means that the premium subscription I paid is useless in my case. Kaspersky should at least warn the users about this if it is a known bug !!!

I tested the bug yesterday on Xiaomi  Redmi Note 8 Pro and can confirm, that -No restrictions for KSK option does not work.

Maybe Kaspersky could reply if there is a way to remove Ultra Power Saver from Notification Shade as access to Settings can be disabled.

Userlevel 1

Mikhail thank you for your reply.

The app is already set to no restrictions in Battery settings.

This confirms that it is a limitation of the app on MIUI.  Unfortunately this means that the premium subscription I paid is useless in my case. Kaspersky should at least warn the users about this if it is a known bug !!!

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hello,

it is known Issue 4645564: [SUPPORT] Ultra Battery Save mode disables Safe Kids on Xiaomi Mi 8 (there are also some other similar).

As Wesly.Zhang  has written, you can try to set -No restrictions for Kaspersky Safe Kids in Battery and Performance settings.

“For example, on Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 with Android 6.0.1, go to Settings > Battery and Performance > Manage apps battery usage > Choose apps (available if the power saving mode is on) > Kaspersky Safe Kids > No restrictions). “

https://support.kaspersky.com/KISA/Android_11.59/en-US/195536.htm

Unfortunately, that is all, that we can suggest for now.

Thank you.

Userlevel 1

Battery restrictions is set to no limit,so no problem. Also the autostart is enabled,but if I understand correctly this only refers to start after boot. I have just received a reply from Kaspersky that they have escalated this to a bug issue. I will have to wait and see if they can resolve this.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hello, @Dan i Jela 

I have posted a request about your problem. If xiaomi support reply back some information, I will post here.

Regards.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hello @Wesly.Zhang

Thank you for the additional information:ok_hand_tone3:

Re “The way to start automatically after boot , which is very old”, sounds like Kaspersky need to update their documentation:thinking: