Question

Xiaomi "Ultra Battery saver" disables Safe kids

• 25 January 2021
  • 35 replies

Show first post

35 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

The support replied on Jan.27 last time saying that they will pass the info I supplied to developers and they will contact me back.

I accidentally marked Mikhail's reply as the answer, now I cannot undo it!

The last information on this issue: it is analyzing by our developers in frames of the

Bug 4666826: [Xiaomi] Пользователь может включить Ultra Battery Saving из quick settings

There are no news/results of analysis from them yet.

I will keep you informed.

Thank you.

I join this question. My child does everything the same! What to do?

As well having this problem...

Any update?

Greetings!

I have just discovered that Safe Kids on Xiaomi phones is useless. On my daughter's Redmi Note 7 there is "Ultra battery saver" ( UBS from now on ) in shortcut buttons on top. If Safe Kids is activated/running and even if the phone is blocked by time limit,simply activating UBS and then disactivating it, Safe kids is no longer running and the app is useless. You have to restart the app and then reenable accessibility to make the app functional again.I tried every possible way to block this,but unfortunately no success. Off course,my daughter stayed quiet about this and was using the phone with app disabled for a few months until I realised what is happening.

Can others that have Xiaomi phones test this to confirm?

The same issue on Xiaomi Redmi Note 9s… But on Note 5 works great! I think that my kid didn’t figure it out yet ;). I hope so ;).

Pozdrav,

Slobodan D.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I join this question. My child does everything the same! What to do?

As well having this problem...

Any update?

The same issue on Xiaomi Redmi Note 9s… But on Note 5 works great! I think that my kid didn’t figure it out yet ;). I hope so ;). Pozdrav, Slobodan D.

Hello @Mete0r, @Eugene Savitsky & @Drakus78 

Welcome!

To set your expectations, this issue was formally raised with Kaspersky experts, 3rd September 2019, the last update was 4th September 2019. 

We’ve just sought an update & have been advised there’s nothing since 4th September 2019. 

Sometimes, the wheels turn very, very slowly. 

Thank you:pray_tone3:

Flood:whale: +:whale2:

I believe the problem is on the Xiaomi side. They just do not restart all app, after “hot restart”.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hello @Eugene Savitsky

Please refer to the last post by @Mikhail Shakhov.

Thank you:pray_tone3:

Flood:whale: +:whale2:

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hello to all!

Our developers have informed us ,that the fix will be implemented only for MIUI 12 and later systems.

It is related to accessibility overlay. In previous versions it does not display always, as we expect.

We don not have the information about fix terms for now.

I will keep you informed.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hello,

I am glad to inform you, that the bug has finally been fixed. The version with fix: 1.57.0.1 is available already for 50% of customers in Google Play store.

I checked the fix on my two Xiaomi smartphones.

Thank you.