Solved

WhatsApp Web not downloading images or audio with Safe Kids activated

• 11 January 2021
  • 11 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge
  • Junior Helper
  • 22 replies

I have set block all websites except whitelisted websites, and I have whitelisted web.whatsapp.com. WhatsApp Web works like this, but it is not downloading any images or audio. If I Pause Safe Kids, then the media content downloads, so it’s clearly a Safe Kids issue. Is there some other website I need to white list in order for the media to load?

icon

Best answer by JR69 19 January 2021, 20:49

PROBLEM SOLVED:

Tech Support responded to my ticket by telling me to whitelist these two additional websites and now the images and audio download in WhatsApp Web.

media.fsdv2-1.fna.whatsapp.net
mmg.whatsapp.net

Thanks guys!

JR

View original

11 replies

Hello @JR69!

Please create a request to Tech Support

Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hello @JR69

@Anton Mefodys, was a bit to quick for us:sweat_smile:

• Also, with web.whatsapp.com, we can replicate ½ the issue, images work fine, sound, no go, however, sound also does not work, when the test is done using the parent profile, additionally, the same results when whatsapp is installed as an application on the laptop. 
  • To log the case, follow the Application malfunction, Other template

• After submitting the case, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference number, then, normally, within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human will be in touch, also by email, you may continue to engage with the Kaspersky Technical Team via email or by updating the INC in your MyKaspersky account.

:arrow_forward: Please share the outcome with the Community when it’s available? 

Thank you:pray_tone3:

Flood:whale:+:whale2:

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thank you @Flood and Flood's wife  and  @Anton Mefodys -- I have submitted the tech support request as you directed.

Userlevel 2
Badge

PROBLEM SOLVED:

Tech Support responded to my ticket by telling me to whitelist these two additional websites and now the images and audio download in WhatsApp Web.

mmg.whatsapp.net

Thanks guys!

JR

According to the latest news the scenario should be improved in G patch (release in the first half of February).

My case is opposite. Can't send images through WhatsApp when safe kids is enabled. Tried the above ways but didn't work. Anyone has the

same issue? Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

My case is opposite. Can't send images through WhatsApp when safe kids is enabled. Tried the above ways but didn't work. Anyone has the

same issue? Thanks.

Hello @Jui

We’ve replied in the topic you created 

WhatsApp web cannot send images when Kaspersky kids safe is activated

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

PROBLEM SOLVED: Tech Support responded to my ticket by telling me to whitelist these two additional websites and now the images and audio download in WhatsApp Web.

mmg.whatsapp.net

Hello @JR69

Patch G has been released, you may wish to test the original problem, make sure WhatsApp is not active, remove the exclusions, reboot the device, login, start WhatsApp, retest? 

Let us know the result please? 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hello. Safe Kids Help > About (in Windows) is still showing 1.0.5.6390 (f), so it looks like neither Patch G nor H has installed. We’ve rebooted the PC to no avail.

Meanwhile, downloading pics in WhatsApp Web has STOPPED working again. I made no change at all, it just stopped working in the past few days.

Please help me getting it working again.

Thanks,

JR

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hello @JR69

Welcome back!

• Check all Windows updates have a Successfully applied status?
  • For KSK update issues, please escalate to Kaspersky Technical Support, use the same guidance we provided above.
  • For WhatsApp, in our tests, the issue did not happen when we installed WhatsApp application, it only happened in WhatsApp Web. 

Please share the outcome with the Community when it’s available? 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hello @Flood and Flood's wife,

Yes, this is an issue for WhatsApp Web. I don’t allow the WhatsApp Windows application because KSK provides no way to block YouTube videos from playing in it.

The images suddenly started downloading again now. We made no changes to anything since my last message. Weird.

Thanks again,

JR