I’ve had Safe Kids Installed since July 2020 and it’s been ok up to now.
I have some daily time limits set up for my son’s computer but they stopped working. When my son checks how much time he’s got left by clicking on the Safe Kids icon in the tray, it says that he has no limit at all for the whole day.
He can also launch applications I blocked. Changing the limits or blocking/unblocking apps has no effect at all.
I have a Total Security 2020 Suite, it’s not a free or trial version, the licence is valid. Anti-virus runs ok.
I tried the following:
1. I restored default IE settings
2. I Restored Network settings to defaults
3. I tried to create a new Kid account in Safe Kids but when I tried to log in/connect it with the user account on windows it said that Kaspersky Safe Kids is “Unable to connect to the server”.
4. I switched to different internet connection - I connected to the hot spot created on mobile phone but it did not change anything.
5. I uninstalled Safe Kids and reinstalled, it helped but only until the computer got restarted.
By the way, I do receive alerts that my son’s visiting some websites that are not allowed.
My son’s computer is running Windows 10, version 2004
Safe Kids Version is 126.96.36.19921(g)
Total Security Version is 188.8.131.525 (m)
Son's computer got some windows updates on Friday: Cumulative Security Update KB4601319
and .NET 3.5/4.5 update KB4601050
Best answer by Flood and Flood's wife
Thank you for the update
Have the steps we recommended in our previous reply been done? If “no”, please do so, if the issue persists, log a case with Kaspersky Technical Support, fill in Application malfunction, Other template; Support will request Logs, Traces & other data, they will advise you:
- After submitting the case, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference number, then, normally, within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human will be in touch, also by email, you may continue to engage with the Kaspersky Technical Team via email or by updating the INC in the MyKaspersky account.
Please share the outcome with the Community when it’s available?