Kaspersky
Question

Significant lag in GPS position

• 6 December 2021
  • 4 replies

I’ve noticed that the GPS position reported for our child’s phone significantly lags real time, by as much as an hour or more.  Is that normal?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I’ve noticed that the GPS position reported for our child’s phone significantly lags real time, by as much as an hour or more.  

1. Is that normal?

Hello @thaidon

Welcome!

1. No!
  2. Is the phone an Android or iOS
  3. Phone OS version
  4. KSK version
  5. How much RAM is free/available
  6. Is KSK Premium or Free? 

Please let us know? 

Thank you:pray_tone3:

Flood:whale:+:whale2:

Android.  At the moment I can’t check the OS version.   KSK 1.74.0.1 version, Premium.  Don’t know about RAM.  It’s a Samsung Edge 7.  

We are in Thailand, if that’s potentially relevant.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Android.  At the moment I can’t check the OS version.   KSK 1.74.0.1 version, Premium.  Don’t know about RAM.  It’s a Samsung Edge 7.  

We are in Thailand, if that’s potentially relevant.  

Hello @thaidon

You’re most welcome!

Thank you for replying!

1. Check KSK version #? KSK 1.74.0.1 for Android is incorrect;  we’ve confirmed with Kaspersky Technical support. 
  2. If it’s a standard Samsung Edge 7 with 4gb of RAM, & the RAM storage is LOW, that may be where the issue is → you need to find out
  3. Check the phone - storage - delete any unnecessary apps & make as much space available for RAM as possible. 
  4. Uninstall KSK
  5. Shutdown, power OFF the phone, power ON, login. 
  6. Download new KSK & install.
  7. Configure KSK.
  8. Monitor “KSK GPS realtime lag” issue? 
  9. IF the issue persists, log a case with Kaspersky support, either via Chat or Email, fill in Application malfunctionOther template. Support may request Logs, Traces & other Data, they will guide you. 
  • If selecting Chat option, we recommend you request a copy of the chat transcript, make sure you fill in your email address AFTER the chat is activated by the Chat agent & complete the Verify your email address email AFTER the chat completes.
  • When it’s available, please share the outcome with the Community? 

Thank you:pray_tone3:

Flood:whale:+:whale2: