I am living in Uk and I would like to buy Kaspersky safe kid for my brother which he is living in Iran.
The other questions I have are :
1. Is it possible to purchase it in Uk and install and run safe kid software in Iran?
2.does Kaspersky Safe kid have content filtering?
3. Does Kasper Sky Safe kid have the ability to block websites , Restrict and block some apps from app stores through phones ans laptops, block social media and websites such as YouTube, dating sites, Facebook, porno websites and etc ?
4. Does it have the ability to block by schedule ?
I would be grateful if you could help me regarding these issues.
Best answer by Flood and Flood's wife
- We've checked with Technical Support, there are no regional restrictions, so the software can be purchased in the UK and applied in Iran, however, there may be local restrictions/policies regarding the use of software, that we're not aware of, so, you must do as much research as possible, in case there is.
- Also, KSK is managed by the parent, via their MyKaspersky account, if you're in the role of the parent, that would mean being available to respond to KSK alerts & requests; if there's a time difference between UK & Iran, would that be an issue?
- No, the original Kaspersky Parental Control had content filtering, that could be configured by the parent, however, KSK has a Safe Kids feature - see below - that works in a similar fashion, but, is controlled by Kaspersky, not the parent, not configurable & not the same.
- Block websites - yes.
- Block/restrict apps - yes.
- Block app stores - yes.
- Block social media, KSK monitors (not blocks) Facebook & VK, any other social media, you'd need to configure thru apps or websites.
- Porn, Safe kids feature works for this.
- Dating sites, you'd need to apply specific exclusions.
- Facebook, as above, you would need to apply a specific block.
- YouTube, KSK cannot block individual videos or channels, however, KSK has Safe Search on YouTube - see below.
- Block by Category - yes.
- Block by Schedule - yes.
- Block by Device use time - yes.
- We recommend installing KSK Free, test the software, make sure it meets your expectations before investing any $.
- Note, there are some Androids, that have features that appear to be able to cause KSK to be disabled, if your brother has an Android, please let us know the name/manufacturer so we can guide you?
Safe search: this feature lets you exclude inappropriate content from search results on Bing, Google, Mail.ru, Yahoo!, and Yandex.
On Android, iOS, and Windows devices, Kaspersky Safe Kids will additionally block the following website categories from appearing in search results: Adult content; Alcohol, tobacco, narcotics; Profanity, obscenity; Extremism, racism.
Safe Search on YouTube: this feature is available for: Windows app 220.127.116.1196 and later, Android app 18.104.22.168 and later, iOS app 22.214.171.124 and later.
Notify about searches on restricted themes: get notifications if your child searches for information on restricted subject matter (for example, alcohol, tobacco, or adult content).