Kaspersky
Solved

Island and other isolating apps

• 28 September 2019
  • 2 replies

Hi! There is an app called "island" that allows the child to isolate certain apps for privacy protection, so he can then use those apps without the parental protection blocking them. Unfortunately "Island" itself is not an app I can block on the Kaspersky website, like all the others, and neither can I see whatever he is doing through that app. Do you have a suggestion of what I can do about it?

Thanks!
icon

Best answer by Flood and Flood's wife 28 September 2019, 19:30

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi! There is an app called "island" that allows the child to isolate certain apps for privacy protection, so he can then use those apps without the parental protection blocking them. Unfortunately "Island" itself is not an app I can block on the Kaspersky website, like all the others, and neither can I see whatever he is doing through that app. Do you have a suggestion of what I can do about it?

Thanks!

Hello @CLEMENTE
Welcome!
I've just installed Island to test😨🤐. 2 options: (imo)
1. I would uninstall Island, it's still in development, has unnecessary & unwise permissions & access.
2. Go to https://my.kaspersky.com/MyKids/removed-alpha-numeric-4-privacy/Rules/Applications#/
See my images - search for Island - select Forbidden.

RESULT
Child (Mobile), Sep 29, 03:26 AM tried to open the forbidden application Island on the (Mobile) device. The application category: Tools, the age restriction: 0+.
----
If you're unable to find Island, please REBOOT - power OFF Android, power on, Android, make sure data/network connection is established, recheck MyKaspersky KSK web portal for Island...

One other thing @CLEMENTE, (I would) add
Settings - Forbidden
Google Play Store - Forbidden
FTP - Forbidden
Software Downloaders - Forbidden
as well, to help prevent future issues where you clever child may decide to add other "apps".
Please let me know?
Thank you
Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hello @CLEMENTE

Update, after 1 year, 8 months & 20 days, KSK developers have finally fixed the Island issue. 

Now when Island is installed, it is Forbidden by default.

Unfortunately, atm, KSK developers have not done anything about the other isolating apps that were submitted with the request. 

IF & when further information becomes available, we will update your topic. 

Thank you:pray_tone3:

Flood:whale: +:whale2: