Please consider the following suggestions.
- In many instances, I have noticed that website restrictions do not work on Kaspersky Safe kids despite the listed category options provided to turn on or off. In some instances, they can type in or copy-paste the website addressed directly that takes them to game sites, online streaming sites, proxy sites and so on. In some cases, they are smart and use searches in different languages. My suggestion is to allow parents/guardians to include specific keywords to allow or restrict search query options, similar to the options given to add or restrict specific websites.
- Secondly, it would be good to include the option to allow a parent to create an additional parent/guardian profile to help monitor a child's profile. (similar to “Google Family Link”.) This means parents can help assist each other, and they can also respond to child requests to allow access or increase time limits on request.
- I think it would be beneficial for parents to have an in-app chat feature that allows kids to communicate with parents. This comes in handy during any emergency, sharing important information, sending school reminders, sending an SOS, and allowing kids to record and send audio or video with parents in an emergency situation. It would also come in handy for kids to make requests to unblock or request additional time for games or net when the parent is not at home or work etc.
- I have noticed there is limited options in viewing and editing settings on android; however,r on my laptop, the options to view and edit are more detailed—for instance, viewing website activity. etc.
- There also needs to be the option to limit the internet browsers children can use. I have found that they try to use other browsers like Opera, Firefox etc., to help to trick the app into allowing them access to sites/content. Children also try to download games via browser app stores, using browser VPN extentions and so on.
- There also needs to be keylogger options since many kids are googling up queries on “how to bypass parental controls. Many are even going to hacking forums to find solutions to bypass parental controls and apps.
I am sure other parents would also welcome the above suggestions. Please. Upvote this suggestion and/or add on to the above list of improvements that would make the app even more useful.