Kaspersky
Question

I cannot figure out how to set both a time limit & allowed hours (schedule) in KSK

Hello, I think I'm having an issue with the webui & setting up rules.
Initially I had set up a 4 hour block of time my child was allowed to use his cell phone. He banked his time during the day, turned off his wifi at night to get around our home filter and started streaming youtube over cellular burning up a bunch of our metered monthly shared data plan.
I logged in today to try and set up device rules to make it so he can't use it from 2200-2400 and 0000-0700 on weekdays and 0000-0700 on weekends.
But, it seems I had to remove the original 4 hour block of time? Or does it keep both? If I set the dropdown back to the Block by daily usage setting the four hours are still there.
I'm sure I'll find out tonight if it works but I was hoping someone could tell me definitively one way or the other.
If it does work the way I'm hoping, maybe redo the interface a bit to indicate you can have both a block of time and a schedule? Thank you either way.

12 replies

Hello,

I'm happy to see that I'm not the only one trying to set 2 limitation criteria based on length and time.

I encounter the same limitation as you, ond don't know how to do this. Have you tried a contact with official support ?
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
All, Kaspersky made changes (March) https://www.kaspersky.com/blog/google-play-permissions-policy/26170/ that impacted KISA & KSK.

Further tweaking announced via their blog: Smart control for smart kids, June 17, 2019

https://www.kaspersky.com/blog/smarter-safe-kids/27355/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=kd%20weekly%20digest

I think Kaspersky has much work to do to make KSK worth paying for.
Hello,
I was wondering about the same issue. I don't understand why I can't have a schedule and a time limit at the same time. I know this from other applications and even from my router.
I find it inconvenient to set up a schedule and then have to restrict the access time on a per app setting.
Any chance that these two settings will be usable in parallel in a future version?
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
I find it inconvenient to set up a schedule and then have to restrict the access time on a per app setting.
Hello @MaGoo,
Welcome!
(atm) device time limit can be configured by allocating a set amount of:
(1) minutes/hours "used" per day
(2) minutes/hours "used" per day - by schedule - (available KSK premium version)

Additionally - apps can be configured to be used, additional to and irrespective of either 1 or 2.
----
  • Are you wishing to be able to use (1) and (2) in combination, to manage device time?
Please let me know?
Thanks🙏🏽.
Hello @FLOOD,
thanks for your reply. Yes, I would like to use both settings at the same time. I don't want my kids to use the phone during certain hours of the day and at the same time limit the amount of time she can use the phone during the permitted hours.
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
I would like to use both settings at the same time. I don't want my kids to use the phone during certain hours of the day and at the same time limit the amount of time she can use the phone during the permitted hours.
Hello @MaGoo,
  • (atm) device use can be limited by hours per day or by schedule:
  1. There are two ways that you can limit device usage for your child:
  2. By hours per day. You can specify how much time your child can use a device. For example, no more than four hours on Monday or six hours on Sunday.
  3. By schedule. You can create a weekly schedule for your child's device and specify time intervals during which device use is forbidden. For example, you might forbid use of the device from 9 AM to 1 PM on weekdays.
  4. You can set up a device use schedule only in the premium version of Kaspersky Safe Kids.
----
Unfortunately, product enhancements and development requests are not processed via the Community portal.
  • Kaspersky require all of us, to submit any such requests, directly to their Technical Support Team.
  • Kaspersky technical/business teams review all requests, measure requests again a variety of benchmarks and do whatever passes.
  • Kaspersky Technical Team will communicate with you regarding any suggestion raised with them.
To contact Technical Support: https://support.kaspersky.com/b2c/, choose location, select GENERAL PRODUCT, then choose: OnlineChat (if it's available in your region), Submit a request, .via your MyKaspersky online account, using "I have a suggestion" template, or PHONE
&
For product enhancements (I would also) enroll in KSK Beta progam.

Thanks again and best regards🙏
KSK help documentation
Hi
I've already made that kind suggestion (combination of time limit and hour limit) almost year ago since I started using that app. Since then nothing happend.
Sitevnic.
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
@AdamL007 @Rackh @MaGoo @Sitevnic

Reply from experts with the latest update stating: "we have plans to release such feature in future builds of KSK. However, they have informed us that they do not have an approximate time frame when the feature will be released in KSK."
Sent: Friday, 23 August 2019 12:53
I’m also interested in this bug or feature. What is a problem to do both?
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
I’m also interested in this bug or feature. What is a problem to do both?
Hello @Nicolay.
Welcome!
Currently, using both Block by Daily Hours & Block by Schedule together is not available. Parents must use one or the other. Additionally, the Block by Schedule feature is only available with a KSK Premium subscription, the feature is not available in KSK Free.
As the Kaspersky Lab Development Team have advised, "we have plans to release such feature in future", unfortunately the Lab does not provide a time frame.
Along with the request to make both time features available, is the option to bank time.
The more people who contact Kaspersky Technical Support, and raise a "KSK, I have a suggestion" request, the greater the likelihood KSK will be developed to fit real world parents with real world children.
Thank you🙏🏽.

Hi,

I have a question:

“Currently, using both Block by Daily Hours & Block by Schedule together is not available” - is this available in the current premium version?

Thx,

Mark

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi, I have a question: “Currently, using both Block by Daily Hours & Block by Schedule together is not available” - is this available in the current premium version?

Thx, Mark

Hello @BobBuzz, Mark,

Welcome!

Yes!

Example of both device Time management & device Time scheduling

Thank you🙏🏽

Flood:whale: +:whale2:

Reply / Ответить