Kaspersky
Question

How to block the use of SMS and data usage via Kaspersky Safe Kids?

• 18 December 2021
  • 1 reply

Dear experts,

I am the parent who is grounding my kid by only allowing the ‘Call’ function on his smartphone, however, I was not able to find out how to block him from using SMS (I was able to block WhatsApp) and prevent him from using any data (yes, I am so regretful for giving him this birthday gift, a Smartphone with unlimited calls and data).

I am wondering if I could block the use of SMS and data from Kaspersky Safe Kids instead of calling the cellular provider to cancel the subscription.

By the way, any idea why I blocked the ‘Spotify’ but he is still able to open and listen from ‘Spotify’?

Thanks in advance!

Rick

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I am wondering if I could block the use of SMS and data from Kaspersky Safe Kids instead of calling the cellular provider to cancel the subscription.

Any idea why I blocked the ‘Spotify’ but he is still able to open and listen from ‘Spotify’?

Hello @Rick_Liu

Welcome!

1. Which type of ‘smartphone’, android or iOS & which OS version (makes it very hard to test anything & give advice without this info)? 
  2. By data, does that mean mobile data or wifi? 
  3. In Kaspersky Safe Kids (KSK), is Phone, Settings BLOCKED? 
  4. On our test androids we successfully blocked the messaging app 

5. How is your son accessing Spotify? 
  6. Has Spotify been uninstalled
  7. Has KSK been configured to BLOCK the Google Play Store & or other app stores →  if he uses other app stores? 
  8. Which Application CATEGORIES are BLOCKED?
  9. We successfully blocked Spotify: 
  10. Is KSK Premium or Free? 

Please let us know? 

Thank you:pray_tone3:

Flood:whale:+:whale2:

Resources:

How to set up Kaspersky Safe Kids

KSK cross platform online help