This community framework has been very helpful and informative….. Great job...
As mentioned in my previous posts, I am a newbie and please let me know if this should go to customer/tech support or some other forum/community and I shall be glad to jump over to that place…
We are using KIS in Windows 7 and Windows 10 laptops and “Safe Kids” Free version in two Android phones…. all connected to one KIS Online account.
- Based on what we have observed in the account so far, the “Summary” tab in the “Kids” group shows some entries in “Frequently visited websites” and some keywords in the “Search Queries”.
- Is this updated “Real-time” or is there a lag in updating these entries?
- Is there any difference between “Free” and “Premium” versions in showing entries in the “Summary” tab?
- We understand that the “Premium version” will give more detailed reports about the “Sites visited”. But is there any limitation in the free version on the number of entries shown in the “Summary” page?
- We have been using “Browser extensions” like “Youtube Watchmarker”, “Block Tube”, “Block Site”, “Leech Block” to implement some monitoring, but they are prone to be deleted/disabled easily. Also, the “History” reporting extensions rely on the “Browser’s history” data. If the user deletes the “History”, then there is no way to review the history details. We believe “KSK” keeps track of its own version of history in a separate repository for a significant amount of time (Days/Months). Is that a safe assumption?
- Glad to see most of these features packed into KSK module. Right now, the URLs that one would like to “Blacklist” or “Whitelist” are entered manually and one-by-one….. Is there any way to provide a text file that contains “URLs” and add them to KSK?
- I tried to add a URL to one child and it said “The URL is already added to the list”….. Actually that URL was already added to another child’s profile in the KIS online portal. Is the URL list maintained for each child separately or will adding a URL to one child’s profile be applied for all the children?
- We haven’t opted to try the “Premium Trial” so far…. However, is there an option in the “Premium” edition where a parent is allowed to review the URLs visited and click on a button to “Allow/Block” that URL?
- I understand that the “Premium” version has a big number for the “Kids” that can be linked to a “Parent Account”. Is there a limit on the number of “Free” “Safe Kids” that can be linked to a KIS license?
- If the premium version is capable to handling many of the needs, we would be in favor or purchasing a license. As our KIS is a 3-year license, is there a package to buy a 3 year “KSK” license too?
Apologies for the long post…. and thanks in advance for your time and help.
Have a good one...