Kaspersky
Question

Exception to play a game

Hi,
Do any of you know how to create an exception for allowing my kid to play a game disregarding the age restrictions.
My kid asks me to give permission, but the application is not recognized and added to the application list.
thx

16 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hello @renatellos,

• It’s not possible to manually add an app to KSK. 
  • What doesn’t make sense is, based on the KSK block alerts shown in your images 23/07/2020, KSK clearly knows about The Amazing Spider-Man 2, logically, it should show in the KSK Application monitoring list:thinking: 
  • In your Microsoft family account - select App and game limits -   find spiderman, post an image of the result please? 

Example image using Roblox:

Please post back?

Thank you:pray_tone3:

Flood:whale:

Hi Flood

1. It was installed long ago so I don’t recall the source
  2. No

Thanks

Renato

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hello @renatellos,

Thank you:ok_hand_tone3:

1. When the The Amazing Spider-Man 2  was originally installed was it from a legitimate source? 
  2. Is Steam installed? 

Please let us know?

Hi Flood,

Here you have it

Regards

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hello @renatellos, Renato,

Welcome back:relaxed:

• Make a copy of the The Amazing Spider-Man 2 exe, zip the file & upload to your post, we’d like to check why KSK is not recognising the app:thinking:

Hi Flood

1)

2)

Please while you search for the issue can you tell me a way to bypass this problem, perhaps allow me to manually add an entry to the Application monitoring list.
Thanks

Renato

Hi Flood

My daughter is playing now, I disabled Safe Kids altogether for some time to allow her to play, I can check later on.

Thanks

Renato

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hello @renatellos, Renato,

Thank you for the update:ok_hand_tone3:

1. Right click the exe, select Properties, select Details → any information → post an image please? 
  2. Does the exe show in (your MyKaspersky account) KSK Application monitoring list → any information → post an image please? 

Hi

The game is an executable (.exe) installed on a desktop, I don’t recall the source, it was installed long ago.

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Thank you for the update:ok_hand_tone3:

• We’re trying to work this out for you, so, we need you to give us information so we can apply it in our systems, if we can find a workaround we’ll tell you… 
  • Just for info, up until your last reply, we thought it was accessed via the www, we created exclusions and can play, however, your new information changes that solution:sweat:
  1. Is The Amazing Spider-Man 2 an app (in your system) or accessed via a client or….?
  2. What is the source?
  3. How do we replicate your setup so we can continue? 

Please tell us?

Hi Flood,
No, I had the game installed long ago, I run it from the desktop, normally my daughter does not play this game, but now she asked me to play.
I only used megacritic to identify the exact game.
Is there a way to manually add this game to the list of available games and from there allow it?
I suppose this could be an easy process to solve this situation.
Thanks
Renato

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hello @renatellos, Renato, 

Thank you for the additional information:ok_hand_tone3:

To play are you actually selecting The Amazing Spider-Man 2 from the metacritic site? 

Please let us know?

Hi Flood,

This is the game

https://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/the-amazing-spider-man-2

When I try to run it I get

1. this application is not for you age

1. then without further action, request not accepted

1. finally, in the parents side I get the following message

that’s it, thanks

Regards

Renato

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Thank you for the information:ok_hand_tone3:

• May we have a full screen image of “message to ask for parents permission” alert please? 
  • We can see a few sources for The Amazing Spider-Man, may we have the URL you’re using please? 

Please post back?

Hi FLOOD

1. Windows 10 Pro 2004

2. The Amazing Spider-Man

3. 12 years old

I believe the game is rated for older children, but, I want to give her access anyway, I get the message to ask for parents permission but without further action the message disappears and the authorization is denied.
Thanks

Renato

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hello @renatellos,

Welcome!

Please tell us:

1. Is your child’s device a: PC, MAC, Android, iOS → name & operating system version
  2. The name of the game
  3. Your child’s age

Please post back?

Reply / Ответить