Kaspersky
Question

Black screen in win10 after login

Hello,

I noticed the following issue in my kids PC:

I have setup a daily time limitation, with a warning mode. If the time alowed has been consumed, and my son tries to open the computer, after logging in windows, we get a black screen (only mouse is visible). It seems that Kaspersky tries to display the warning message about expired time but failing. If Kaspersky safekids is disabled (or time monitoring is set to statistics only) we don’t have this behavior. If I sent a cntrl-alt-del, I can start task manager, from where I can run explorer, and the black screen disappears. I have the impression that the kaspersky promt to warn my son that there is no more time available, blocks the startup and results the black screen.

Any ideas? 

Using latest safekids version (downloaded today, since this is a new machine) with latest win10 home installation.

2 replies

Side note: I just noticed the same issue has been reported already 1 year ago here 

and it seems there is no permanent solution yet provided (other than running explorer manually via task manager)?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Side note: I just noticed the same issue has been reported already 1 year ago here 

and it seems there is no permanent solution yet provided (other than running explorer manually via task manager)?

Hello @lfournier

Welcome!

Correct, sadly, the only solution atm is the manual workaround. 

Thank you:pray_tone3:

Flood:whale: +:whale2: