I have been using Kaspersky Password Manager for about a year without many issues.
However, recently, there is a very strange bug on my program. When I use the number bar above the QWERTY characters on the keyboard, it types some characters instead of the numbers. If I use Shift, it types the capitalized version of said characters, instead of these characters ! @ # $ %. This issue also happen at the start screen when the program asks me to input my master password also, making it very inconvenient (since I have special characters in my password) and insecure for me to unlock my passwords. This only happen in my Kaspersky Password Manager and no other programs. I can type numbers normally with the numpad.
Here’s a photo of what it types when I try to type in 1 2 3 4 with the number bar.
Best answer by FLOOD
Thank you for replying and the information .
Re: “AV”, I try not to assume everyone has Kaspersky AV software
- Kaspersky Total Security is up to version 184.108.40.2065(E), are you using 220.127.116.118 (i) by choice?
- KTS: are regular scans: Full, Quick, Vulnerability Scans run?
- KTS: is Delete malicious tools, adware, auto-dialers and suspicious packagers ‘d?
- I appreciate the (unicode/ascii/latin) character issue only happens with KPM, however, to fix this please follow these steps:
- Create a (Windows) System Restore Point.
- KPM: Passwords: Export to text file.
- KPM: Backup Copy: Create a backup.
- Exit KPM application completely - do not restart atm.
- Windows, Control Panel, select Region & Languages, select Keyboards & Languages, select Change Keyboards, select Advance Key Settings, highlight Between Input Languages, select Change Key Sequence, Switch Input Language select Not Assigned, Switch Keyboard Layout select Not Assigned, select OK, select Apply, select OK.
- C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Local\Temp: delete all files and folders - there may be several files/folders in use, select Skip to the UAC prompt & there may be several files/folders requesting Admin Permission to delete, select OK to the UAC prompt.
- C:\Windows\Temp: delete all files and folders - there may be several files/folders in use, select Skip to the UAC prompt & there may be several files/folders requesting Admin Permission to delete, select OK to the UAC prompt.
- Shutdown computer using FULL Shutdown, not Restart.
- Restart PC.
- Start KTS, do not log into KPM atm.
- KTS, run manual Database Update - allow it to complete.
- KTS, run manual Full Scan - allow it to complete - do not use computer while Full Scan runs.
- Start and sign into KPM, recheck issue?
Please let me know the result?