Kaspersky
Question

How to export passwords/usernames from Kaspersky Password Manager to LastPass?

• 10 September 2019
  • 10 replies

Exactly as the title states. I want to export my saved usernames and passwords from KPM to LastPass. How do I do it?

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
I want to export my saved usernames and passwords from KPM to LastPass. How do I do it?
Hello @Rattysis,
Welcome!
(1) Check LP's documentation states "importing from Kaspersky Password Manager is compatible"
(2) Check what file format LastPass requires to import data from another Password Manager
(3) Exporting from KPM, creates a .txt file.
Open KPM application, select ⚙ Settings, select Import/Export, select Export to Text File, export/save file, from there follow whatever procedures LastPass states.
* IF Lastpass requires .csv file format, rename KPM exported file from, for example: RattysisKPM.txt to RattysisKPM.csv *
Thank you

Import/Export section
KPM Library

Does anyone if it’s possible to export on a Mac?  I can’t find any export functionality anywhere...

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Does anyone know if it’s possible to export on a Mac?  I can’t find any export functionality anywhere...

Hello @Fogpuppy,

Welcome!

Kaspersky Password Manager for MacOs makes no mention of an Export data feature:thinking:

(I may be wrong), atm, unfortunately, I have no Mac available to check, it would be best to confim with Kaspersky Technical Support ?

Please let us know what they say?

Thank you:pray_tone3:

Flood:whale:

Userlevel 1

Same here with MacOS. I only see an IMPORT Feature. 

@Fogpuppy how was your solution on this with thew Mac PWD export from Kaspersky?

I have not been able to find a solution for the Mac.  support said “Oh sorry that’s not supported on the Mac.  You’ll need to use a PC.”   This of course was a unsatisfying answer …..

Userlevel 1

I have not been able to find a solution for the Mac.  support said “Oh sorry that’s not supported on the Mac.  You’ll need to use a PC.”   This of course was a unsatisfying answer …..

Fully Agree - as I do not have access to a Windows based system, also not intending to buy one. 

Kaspersky kindly deliver a complete product, if you do offer a Max version for which you do charge us the same price.   Thanks!

I am also really disappointed that they don’t have solution for mac users as well.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Rattysis@Fogpuppy@dschroed@jackswae

Wednesday, 12 February 2020 13:35: Kaspersky Technical Support advised:

quote:

• The requirement to have KPM Export data feature for Mac has already been added to the suggestion list and is in process.
  • We do not have an implementation eta.
  • We will update you when the information is available. 

end quote

Interestingly, their product blurb states: 

Import your login details previously stored in your browsers and other password managers.

Export your data and save everything as a back-up file:thinking:

Mac App Store, Kaspersky Password Manager: IMPORT & EXPORT

Userlevel 1

@FLOOD Thanks for sharing. 
Support shared with me, that it is on the List for evaluation and may easily take up to a year, if it is being added for development.. Let’s see if this hits it prior my renewal date this summer.. 

Export - probably means, they export it and import it into their solution - or simply just copy / pasted it from their Windows based solution…. :-/ 

Hoping they will catch up - and have ti available to us sooner than later. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @dschroed,

You’re very welcome!

• Regarding the actual KPM Export feature, evaluation, implementation, I too got the impression this would not eventuate in the near future.
  • Regarding the KPM Export information in the software distribution via the Apple Store (imo), it’s a “documentation” error, we’ll see how long it takes to be corrected:thinking:

I’ll update this post as any infomation comes available.