Kaspersky
Solved

Screenshots are always black [Solved][Closed]

Since I bought Kaspersky Internet Protection, all of my screenshots are black, even for pages that have no confidential information. How do I fix this?

icon

Best answer by Wesly.Zhang 23 April 2020, 15:43

So one more question - since GSI will not tell the issue, how do I solve the screenshot issue?

Hello,

I review your topic post. Was this issue solved? If no, I think you could press ‘PrtScreen’ button and paste it to paint and save it. This should work whatever KIS is enable or not.

Could you do following this support article: http://support.kaspersky.com/492

Please tell me the result.

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

27 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@Plugumes Welcome. Can you take a screenshot when you temporary pause Kaspersky.

How do I pause Kaspersky?

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Please rightclick the Kaspersky icon in the taskbar and click on “Pause protection ...”

When I right click on the icon, I don’t see pause protection as an option. Do you have any other suggestions? I’m sure I’m not the first person who’s had this issue. Thanks for answering my inquiries.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

On the taskbar (where is time and date) on your pc there is kaspersky icon right click on this and select pause protection.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

In addition to Nexon please see below

The only options are:

remove from Chrome

Hide in Chrome

Manage extensions

Inspect popup

Sorry, I’m just not seeing those options. When I click on the icon, the only options are the ones noted above. If I go to “task manager” on my laptop, Kaspersky doesn’t even appear.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Taskbar is on all Windows PCs. 
Your devide is tablet or?

Can you do photo of this what you see with mobile?

It’s a PC laptop

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@Plugumes Do you have the green Kaspersky icon in the taskbar left to time & date ?

No; the only Kaspersky icon I see is gray and in the upper right hand corner of my screen.

I found it and paused it, and sure enough, a new screenshot is what it should be. What does this mean?

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Please click on  the icon    ^    in the taskbar and drag the green Kaspersky icon in the taskbar.

Done. It’s actually a green circle with a check mark in the middle. I assume that’s the right one, because when I hover over it, it says Kaspersky.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Please rightckick > pause and try a screenshot.

I did that and the screenshot worked. So what do you recommend?

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@Plugumes For further investigation and suggestions can you please provide a GSI Log

ok, downloading that now. Once that’s done, will that take care of the screenshot issue?

This download looks like it will take a long time. Is this a safe download?

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@Plugumes No, the report can be helpful to provide you an eventual solution.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Your internet speed depends on your ISP (Inetrnet service provider) and yes it is safe. Some info will be collected which can be helpful for us.

ok, thanks. It looks like it’s going to take a while, so I have to sign off for now. Can I log back into this conversation later if I have more questions? Will the GSI tell me what the issue is?

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@Plugumes

The GSI is providing system information but will not tell the issue.

If you have other questions, please open a new Topic.

So one more question - since GSI will not tell the issue, how do I solve the screenshot issue?