Kaspersky
Solved

Rocketmail Microsoft 365 and KIS, Blocked, Reason: Invalid name of certificate.

• 23 February 2021
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

For the last 25 years I've used Rocketmail (now part of Yahoo) via webmail and Windows 10 Mail without a problem.
Today, I've installed Microsoft 365 as a member of a family group.
While looking at Excel (NOT Outlook) a window appeared and KIS 21.2.16.590(b) Web Anti-Virus reports:-

Event :    SSL connection with invalid certificate detected
User type :    Not defined
Application name :    EXCEL.EXE
Application path :    C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\root\Office16
Component :    Web Anti-Virus
Result description :    Blocked
Object name :    autodiscover.rocketmail.com
Reason :    Invalid name of certificate. Either the name is not on the allowed list, or was explicitly excluded.

Advice welcome!

icon

Best answer by Wesly.Zhang 23 February 2021, 14:17

Hello,

I think autodiscover.rocketmail.com is on repairing their website now……

Regards.

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hello @wgcuser

Welcome back!

1. Post a full screen image of the error & select Details & post images of any following screens? 
  2. Did the certificate error show in KIS Reports but not when  you were accessing  Rocketmail ? 

Thank you:pray_tone3:

Flood:whale: +:whale2:

Userlevel 3
Badge

Sorry no screen image.

The Kaspersky error message appeared while I was looking at the opening screen to MS 365 Excel.

I have not made MS 365 Outlook the client for any email service.

At present Rocketmail is accessed either by Windows 10 Mail (that’s the client that come fee with Win 10 or Webmail.

BR

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hello @wgcuser

Thank you for posting back. 

1. What does “Sorry no screen image” mean? 
  2. Is the certificate issue replicable?

Thank you:pray_tone3:

Flood:whale: +:whale2:

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hello,

I think autodiscover.rocketmail.com is on repairing their website now……

Regards.

Userlevel 3
Badge

@Flood and Flood's wife 

@Wesly.Zhang 

Thanks for your posts. On reflection, perhaps what I encountered was MS 365 trying to be helpful having assumed that my Microsoft Account Login was a regular email address frequently used and tried to setup MS 365 Outlook to access it? Only to encounter a problem. - see Wesly’s post.

Who knows ??? :smile:

Userlevel 3
Badge

Further to this, I have used:-

Settings > Network Settings> scroll down to Manage Exclusions> Add autodiscover.rocketmail.com > Make Active > Save > Confirm Change

Re-Boot

So far so good.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Further to this, I have used:-

Settings > Network Settings> scroll down to Manage Exclusions> Add autodiscover.rocketmail.com > Make Active > Save > Confirm Change

Re-Boot

So far so good.

Hello,

That’s a temporary solution. Not a permanent plan. Not be safe. All the website list in this exclusion list will not be scaned by web-antivirus. If the website has been infected some malicious JS file or shellcode. Web-antivirus will not block them.

You can do a test. Set “secure.eicar.org” in that exclusion liet and acess https://www.eicar.org/?page_id=3950 to download EICAR TEST File. This file will download successfully if the browsers itself url safely filter doesn’t work.

Regards.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hello @wgcuser 

I have received your PM. Now I want to know the what the website digital certification it is. If this alarm display again. Please press view certification link and take a screenshot and upload to here.

Regards.

Reply / Ответить