I upgraded my MacBook Pro 16 inch to Big Sur yesterday and after having problems getting Security and Privacy to accept my "system enhancement" I now can’t get Kaspersky Internet Security (latest version) to connect to the internet in order to do an “update of definitions”. When I go to “My Kaspersky” web site is shows that, in fact, my MacBook Pro is not connected to the net and therefore I am unable to update. I also can not for the life of me get Kaspersky to accept my “hard drive” in order to do either a “quick scan” or “full scan”. Can anybody suggest how I can solve this issue please? I have a strong wifi connection and am experiencing no problems with other applications connecting to the web.
Thanking you in advance
Best answer by Flood and Flood's wife
- [a] Check List of applications incompatible with KIS21 for MAC ?
- [b] Uninstall KIS using the uninstall wizard → at the completion of the uninstall: shutdown the MAC using Shutdown, not restart, power on, login:
- [c] Download and clean install a NEW KIS installer → at the completion of the install - shutdown the MAC using Shutdown, not restart, power on, login: make sure KIS is active, recheck all issues, if they persist, log a case with Kaspersky Technical Support, follow the template image below, as a guide, include:
- A detailed history, what caused the problem?
- Did you try to solve the problem? How?
- Text from an error message(s)? Screen shot? Video?
- Community topic URL?
- Support may request Traces, they will guide you.
- After submitting the case, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference number, then, normally, within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human will be in touch, also by email, you may continue to engage with the Kaspersky Technical Team via email or by updating the INC in your MyKaspersky account.
- When feedback from the Kaspersky Technical Team is available, please share it here in the Kaspersky Community?