Kaspersky
Question

KIS presenting black page when clicking on a link posted by others on hotukdeals.

• 17 September 2019
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1
I use hotukdeals for finding the odd bargain.

Links posted by others on the site always showed the content of the link, but since installing KIS they now load a blank page. However they load okay if protection is paused.

Does anyone know why this is happening or more importantly how to stop it happening?. Is there a setting that needs tweaking?

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5
I use hotukdeals for finding the odd bargain.

Links posted by others on the site always showed the content of the link, but since installing KIS they now load a blank page. However they load okay if protection is paused.

Does anyone know why this is happening or more importantly how to stop it happening?. Is there a setting that needs tweaking?

Hello @techquest,
Welcome!
Which browser are you using?
(using Chrome) I've checked hotukdeals:

& with Kaspersky Protection Private Browsing and Anti_banner both on, the site is accessible.

Try another browser and check the actual browser privacy, content and location settings.
Let us know how you go please?
Thank you
Userlevel 1
Thanks for your input @FLOOD

My system is running W7 and yes I'm using chrome.

Get your posted picture of Private Browsing, Anti Banner and Keyboard.

But can't get 'safe website' choice as in your picture

If I allow 'data collection' for this site the links work.
Userlevel 7
Badge +5
Hello @techquest,
You're very welcome☺
Please post me:
An image of what you get when you replicate my 'safe website' image?
  • &, if "allow data collection" is enabled for ukhotdeals, & the links are no longer blocked, what is the outstanding issue please?
Please post back?
Thank you
Userlevel 1
It doesn't happen in Explorer, the links work, so It looks like it's an issue with Chrome/Kaspersky.

So the only outstanding issue is the safe website window not showing. I am checking all the settings to see where that can be switched on or off.

Thanks once again for your input
Userlevel 7
Badge +5
It doesn't happen in Explorer, the links work, so It looks like it's an issue with Chrome/Kaspersky.
Hello @techquest,
Thanks for replying.
  1. Please post an image of what you get when you replicate my 'safe website' image?
  2. How does it look like "it's an issue with Chrome/Kaspersky". I've shown Chrome?Kaspersky - no issues whatsoever.
  3. Is the (Chrome) Kaspersky Protection Extension working?
  4. What version is (Chrome) Kaspersky Protection Extension?
Please let us know?
Thank you.
Userlevel 1
Thanks @FLOOD it works as I've now checked the correct box's.
Userlevel 7
Badge +5
Excellent, good work @techquest 👏🏽,
I'm glad the issue is solved☺
Thank you for letting me know🙏🏽

Reply / Ответить