Kaspersky
Question

KIS on Android keeps closing - pt 2

Userlevel 2

Re a thread I started a while ago-

https://community.kaspersky.com/kaspersky-internet-security-13/kis-on-android-keeps-closing-15292?postid=71888#post71888

The problem has returned.

As per the advice from @Flood and Flood's wife I turn my mobile off every week and check that KIS loads on boot.

I checked yesterday and KIS was working - today it is not.

I’ve not turned my phone off during that time

Having re-started KIS it tells me that websites are not scanned (which presumably they were yesterday)

I’ve just turned my mobile off and back on and KIS has not loaded…

Very frustrating

Any assistance will be much appreciated

Thanks

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Re a thread I started a while ago- https://community.kaspersky.com/kaspersky-internet-security-13/kis-on-android-keeps-closing-15292?postid=71888#post71888. The problem has returned. As per the advice from @Flood and Flood's wife I turn my mobile off every week and check that KIS loads on boot. I checked yesterday and KIS was working - today it is not. I’ve not turned my phone off during that time. Having re-started KIS it tells me that websites are not scanned (which presumably they were yesterday). I’ve just turned my mobile off and back on and KIS has not loaded… Very frustrating. Any assistance will be much appreciated. Thanks

Hello @billpete

Welcome back!

Very frustrating indeed:disappointed_relieved: !

You could try the Uninstall & clean Install again, however, log a request with  Kaspersky Technical Support, select Application malfunction, Other template. Provide a detailed history, all steps you’ve taken, Support may request logs, traces & other data, they’ll guide you: 

• After submitting the case, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference number, then, normally, within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human will communicate with you, also by email, you may continue to engage with the Kaspersky Technical Team via email or by updating the INC in your MyKaspersky account.

Thank you:pray_tone3:

Flood:whale: +:whale2:

Note: Kaspersky Support will probably tell you to Uninstall, clean Install. 

Userlevel 2

Thanks again Flood & Mrs Flood :)

It took me many hours over 2 days when I last uninstalled and reinstalled.

I got asked so many questions and permissions I didn’t know the answer to so I probably clicked something I shouldn’t have. I recall something about having to view adverts when I downloaded the last time.  I do remember I declined adverts, so that may have been an issue

I can do just about anything with a PC - but mobiles remain a mystery to me.

If I install software on a PC it’s a matter of a couple of clicks and it’s done - on a mobile phone it’s a whole different scenario.
I don’t recall so many problem with Norton, so I may go back to that - even though I find it obtrusive.

If I get enough spare time I may try the uninstall/reinstall but I feel very nervous doing it.

Thanks again & very best wishes

Pete

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hello @billpete

Thank you for posting back:ok_hand_tone3: !

Re the Uninstall / clean Install - that’s why we said “You could try the Uninstall & clean Install again” & “Note: Kaspersky Support will probably tell you to Uninstall, clean Install.”

We are conscious of the fact the KIS / Android solution is clunky, but if the technical team are going to tell you to do the Uninstall / clean Install, you may as well get the pain out of the way so they can get on with diagnosing/resolving the issue. 

Next heads up, they may ask you to install a KIS logging version, so they can analyze the logs, so you’ll end up do the uninstall/install again, at which point you’ll have done it so many times you’ll be super comfortable with KIS on Android as you are with working with PCs:sweat_smile:

Flood:whale: +:whale2:

Userlevel 2

Thank you again @Flood and Flood's wife I appreciate your time and effort to help me.

Is there a step by step guide to installing KIS on Android do you know?
I understand that to uninstall all I need to do is move the app to the trash, but what steps do I need to take to perform a ‘clean install’?

If not, I’ll have a go in the next few days and let you know how it goes

Very best wishes

Pete

Userlevel 7
Badge +9
  1. I understand that to uninstall all I need to do is move the app to the trash?
  2. what steps do I need to take to perform a ‘clean install’? 
  3. is there a step by step guide to installing KIS on Android do you know?

Hello @billpete, Pete, 

You’re most welcome:relaxed: !

Thank you for posting back!

Uninstall steps are as follows: 

1. Make sure you have the KIS Activation code → sign into your MyKaspersky account, select Licenses tab - https://my.kaspersky.com/MyLicenses, find the KIS license → make a screen print(s) of all the KIS License details - image A
  2. Do not move KIS to the trash → follow all steps on Uninstalling the app & images numbered 1 to 6 as a guide

3. When the Uninstall is complete, power OFF the phone, wait at least a minute, power ON, login.
  4. Download new KIS exe from Google Play Store →  follow all steps on Install the app & images numbered 1 to 26 → https://icedrive.net/1/9bX1P6f4TO, nb:  (we had difficulty uploading 26 images to your topic).  

If you get stuck or need any assistance, please post back? 

Flood:whale: +:whale2:

Userlevel 2

Thank you so much @Flood and Flood's wife 

I hope to have time to follow your steps in the next couple of days and I will report back.

You have been so very helpful - thanks a million for all your efforts, I really do appreciate it.

Best wishes

Pete