Turning on my pc, KIS couldn’t start: when clicking on its icon nothing happened, while checking on windows security, it said that KIS was “postponed”. It happened just once and after rebooting the pc,everything seemed (and still seems) to be just fine but I’m still worried.
The scans show no threats so it’s probably some paranoia from my part but could there be a virus or a bug that makes it seem like my protection’s on while it actually isn’t?
My OS: Windows 10 Home 1909
KIS version: 188.8.131.525 (e)
Best answer by FLOOD
Occasionally, Windows can present incorrect information.
To allay all of your concerns, please do the following:
- Check all Windows Updates have an applied status of “successful”
- Check system date and time and ensure it is synchronised.
- Run a KIS manual Database update, allow it to complete.
- Shutdown PC, using full Shutdown, not Restart.
- When PC is OFF, power on, login.
- Make sure KIS is active.
- Run (another) Full scan, allow it to complete.
Note, patch(f) is being distributed, you may not get any notification the patch is waiting, a shutdown & restart of the PC will apply the patch.
If there’s any problems, please let us know?