Kaspersky
Solved

KIS 21 System tray icon is continually static.

• 19 November 2020
  • 5 replies

I have noticed the Kaspersky system tray icon for KIS version 21.2.16.590 is continually static. With last year’s version 20.x.x.x it pulsed when downloads were being monitored and other sources were accessed. 
Is this correct for this latest version? 

icon

Best answer by Flood and Flood's wife 19 November 2020, 15:07

I have noticed the Kaspersky system tray icon for KIS version 21.2.16.590 is continually static. With last year’s version 20.x.x.x it pulsed when downloads were being monitored and other sources were accessed. 

Hello @david3,

Welcome!

We tested by running a manual data base update, the icon shows a tiny white down arrow which changes back to a white tick, when the update is complete; we also tested running a scan, the icon no longer pulses or shows activity, hovering the mouse over the icon, shows how many % the scan has run.  

Thank you:pray_tone3:

Flood:whale: +:whale2:

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hello @david3,

Welcome!

We tested by running a manual data base update, the icon shows a tiny white down arrow which changes back to a white tick, when the update is complete; we also tested running a scan, the icon no longer pulses or shows activity, hovering the mouse over the icon, shows how many % the scan has run.  

Thank you:pray_tone3:

Flood:whale: +:whale2:

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Welcome to Kaspersky Community.

Yes, it is :)

@Flood and Flood's wife 
Thank you for the explanation and trial. I too had seen the arrow but not the pulsing any longer. No more anguish.

I believe that the pulsing of the tray icon during scan is a valuable feature.

I use a relatively old computer and would like to know when a scan is performed in the background to account for my computer becoming less responsive.

It would be nice if there were a way to reenable this feature for people who like it (like me).

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

This is interesting... I remember (probably 2 years ago when was 1st implemented) that many users complained about it or constantly asking about the pulsing icon :thinking::grin:

Reply / Ответить