On a daily basis the auto update fails at some point and it is always a failure to update KLAVA (whatever that is!).
The problem occurred before I renewed but have waited until after renewal to see if that fixed the problem - it did not.
I have tried the following which I have read about online, none of which have solved the problem:
- I have re-installed KIS (twice)
- I have turned off gaming and proxy server settings (I use neither)
- I have renamed the KLAVA folder to KLAVA.BAK
After starting my PC each morning the updates initially work then fail at some point a few hours later having successfully performed some auto updates.
After an update failure if I reboot then re-run the update that works - then it fails again a few hours later after successfully performed some auto updates.
I cannot observe any patterns to this - for example how many auto updates work before a failure, or if the failure is at any particular time of day (it appears random).
I am not doing anything out of the ordinary on my PC - just browsing (Firefox), emailing (AOL on Firefox), using Word/Excel and photo editing (Capture One Pro, Photoshop Elements etc.). I have been running Windows 10 for a couple of years so that has not changed - other than its automatic MS updates.
- Any suggestions about how to fix this would be appreciated
- If the KLAVA update fails does it mean my KIS database does not contain and use all the latest definitions etc. (i.e. I could actually ignore the failure) as the KLAVA folder seems to contain mainly log files of some sort?
Best answer by richbuff
Any better after that?
I see that you have tried several things to resolve this. If you can not resolve this issue by following the instructions in the link that I posted, please contact Tech Support: https://my.kaspersky.com/support/
Please attach the following items to your Tech Support request:
a. Description of the issue.
b. Screenshot, as needed.