Kaspersky
Question

Kaspersky Protection Plugin for Firefox disabled/can't verify

Firefox has disabled the Protection plugin for Firefox (6.0.3 64bit)..."one or more installed add-ons can not be verified and have been disabled - Kaspersky Protection could not be verified for use in Firefox and has been disabled". Is this a known issue? Any fixes as I relied on the protection plugin in the past.

10 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3
Hello Murphz,
(info from Berny) Firefox Bug and Mozilla is working on this issue that shoud be fixed after midnight on 2019-05-04 UTC.

& from Harlan4096: : https://www.ghacks.net/2019/05/04/your-firefox-extensions-are-all-disabled-thats-a-bug/
I was going to post various links, however, a multitude of lovely languages, so this seemed a more simple approach....
Thanks!
Thanks FLOOD, that's all I needed to know.

-Murphz
Userlevel 6
Badge +3
In the meantime Mozilla has published a fix.
More information here: https://blog.mozilla.org/addons/2019/05/04/update-regarding-add-ons-in-firefox/
It should be noted that the quick fix supplied by Mozilla as noted above, only allows for the addition of new add-ons / extensions. It does not fix the problem with legacy extensions like Kaspersky Protection being removed. They will remain unsupported and continue to be excluded from the browser until Mozilla comes up with a permanent fix.
Userlevel 6
Badge +3
Mozilla now offers an update to 66.0.4. This fixes the problem.
Userlevel 6
Badge +3
Not if Kaspersky extension has disappeared into the ether Schulte, all recommended recoveries performed, FF current at 66.0.4, two full re-installs of Kaspersky software & Firefox, multiple reboots... Still trying to resolve🤔😞😓
Userlevel 6
Badge +3
I think it is not necessary to re-install Kaspersky to recover FF add-on, since there is a copy of the extension in every installation folder:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Total Security 19.0.0\FFExt\light_plugin_firefox
So, You can try to re-install the add-on in FF from that folder.
Userlevel 6
Badge +3
Hello harlan4096,
Thank you for your guidance. Unfortunately, that's one of the solutions I've tried with no success🤔
Best regards.
Userlevel 6
Badge +3
Version 64.0.4 of Mozilla FireFox once installed, is re-enabling automatically all the add-ons...
Userlevel 5
Badge +1
HI guys, I agree with @harlan4096 my plugins in Firefox 64 bit become active with latest Firefox browser update.
Thank you.

Reply / Ответить