Kaspersky
Solved

Kaspersky Lab Launcher consumed 60% of of CPU and very high power usage

Since update to the latest version, my computer is slowing down substantially.  Especially when I open Outlook or open a browser (Firefox or Chrome), the power usage would jump to as very high and the CPU would be up to 60%. Generally the CPU would be around 30% or 40% when I did not have anything open or running.

I am running Windows 10 prof and I am a paid customer of Kaspersky Internet Security.

Please advise how to fix this problem.

icon

Best answer by Anton Mefodys 5 July 2021, 11:10

Hello,

try https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows-da2f9573-6eec-00ad-2f8a-a97a1807f3dd to identify probable influence from third party applications.

If the issue persits, create a request to Tech Support

Thank you!

View original

16 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hello,

As a try, Could you uninstall and reinstall the product to see this problem will be resolved or not?

Regards.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hello,

try https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows-da2f9573-6eec-00ad-2f8a-a97a1807f3dd to identify probable influence from third party applications.

Thank you!

Hi,

I also experiencing the same problem. I did not done the clean boot but after exiting KTS all is working fine. Once KTS is started all starts again.

Reinstall did not helped.

I will try to raise request as suggested.

I deleted KIS and reinstalled it again.  It was working fine. But when I turned on my computer the next day, the same problem appeared.

I have made a request to Tech Support.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I deleted KIS and reinstalled it again.  It was working fine. But when I turned on my computer the next day, the same problem appeared.

I have made a request to Tech Support.

Hello,

Try to find which application running in the OS background environment. such as the application running in system boot automatically. A idea could use to search the application. Sort the CPU usage from high to low, and then post the screenshot here.

Regards.

Here is the task manager listing

My cursor keeps on blinking and the computer is slowing down markedly.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hello,

Please try to terminal the process ofCisco Any Connect Security xxxx and stop webclient services first. and then, Exit KL product and restart it. Any better?

Regards.

I did another clean install and it appeared to be ok for the moment.  I will report back if the problem appears again.

Hello,

Same problem with kaspersky lab launcher, very often it has a high cpu usage that lasts for some time, but after awhile it drops to 0.1% cpu usage. This behavior is something new, i’ve been using kis since 2016 but recently after some updates, it became noticeable because my cpu temps always spiked for long periods of time, and the only process that was hogging the cpu in task manager was “kaspersky lab launcher” other processes were like <1%. I’ve also checked, when the launcher was hogging the cpu, in kaspersky\s interface to see if any background tasks were running at that time but nothing recent was ran so the high cpu usage shouldn’t be happening.

I’m seeing the same problem for the last week or so.  Kaspersky Lab Launcher is running for hours and using anywhere from 10 - 30% of my CPUs.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hello,

Thank you!

Please see quoted content above, to get Tech Support in on this issue. 

Same problem. Kaspersky Lab launcher 30% CPU usage. Try switching it off and on again. So go to KIS settings, click on File Anti-Virus, make sure Security level is Optimal, turn File Anti-Virus off, save, confirm. You will receive warning notifications. Turn File Anti-Virus back on, save, confirm. Kaspersky Lab launcher should now be using 0 to 0.4% CPU usage. 

i have the same problem this stupid thing is slowing down my pc drastically tried reinstalling tried everything works for a day next day it pops up again this is xxxxxxx irritating 

I am facing same issue. Is there any official response from Kaspersky … maybe i missed it. What should we do? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

i have the same problem this stupid thing is slowing down my pc drastically tried reinstalling tried everything works for a day next day it pops up again this is xxxxxxx irritating 

I am facing same issue. Is there any official response from Kaspersky … maybe i missed it. What should we do? 

Hello @rajsanghvi  & @Governor,

Welcome!

Follow the instructions provided above by @Anton Mefodys & @richbuff.

Thank you:pray_tone3:

Flood:whale: +:whale2:

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@Governor Welcome. Please see above recommendations from @Anton Mefodys and @richbuff