My PC now is infected ransomware with files having tail .besub.
Now I can not open the files (such as .doc, .pdf, ..) in my laptop. Although I am using KIS 2019.
Please help me to solve the problem.
Thank you very much!
Best answer by Flood and Flood's wife
Please read & follow information provided:
- Also look to see if any Kaspersky utilities help: http://support.kaspersky.com/viruses/utility
- If you have a Kaspersky sofware with a valid license, open a support ticket in my Kaspersky account, https://my.kaspersky.com/ send them a .zipped sample of an encrypted file, mark the .zip, "Possible Malware contaminated file"; & if you have the same file unencrypted, send that as well.
- Review Kaspersky Settings > Additional > Threats and exclusions > Detection types > enable Detect Other Software.
Clear the contents of Temp folder, instructions: http://support.kaspersky.com/1161
- Uninstall any recently installed junk
- Uninstall any and all junk toolbars
- Uninstall/disable any and all junk browser add-ons and extensions and plugins in all of your browsers.
- Remove the junk argument from the target field of the browser shortcut properties.
- Remove any and all junk search providers in all of your browsers.
- If necessay, change the home page, of all browsers.
- If you are using a router, reset the router, change the router password to a strong password, enter the correct information according to your internet providers instructions, clear browser cache and cookies,
If after doing every step above in sequence, the infection remains, please let us know:
- OS version, build, release?
- KIS 19.0.0. ? version and build?
- A screen print showing the infected .besub file
- Does KIS REPORTS show any information for besub, if YES, export that specific information to a text file & upload the text file using the "upload" icon below.
- Please look at HOSTS file: c:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc\hosts - if it looks like anything other than
- make a copy of the hosts file and upload with the GSI.zip to cloud storage.
- Create GSI & Windows logs, when the .zip is ready, upload to cloud storage of your choice and post back the link please?
Getsysteminfo (GSI) direct download: http://media.kaspersky.com/utilities/ConsumerUtilities/GetSystemInfo6.2.zip