Kaspersky
Question

How to remove ad/ popup "Install Kaspersky Password Manager"

• 20 December 2019
  • 3 replies

I don’t want password manager and never will on most of my systems where I pay for kaspersky licenses.

I’m also concerned about having passwords managed on systems that have semi public access sometimes, where this program is trying to get installed by deceiving non advanced users (even advanced users can fall in this trap by just clicking “ok” without thinking).

Is there a way to prevent these popups?

It really feels like using any company’s free antivirus might be ok if you are pushing ads/click traps on the paid product anyway.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hello  @danielocdh,

Welcome!

Thank you for raising this important issue:clap_tone3:

:one:Uninstall KPM 

:two: Don’t  select “Do not ignore

:three: Uncheck  Install Kaspersky Password Manager

• However, KIS application will still show KPM module on the KIS application front screen. The KPM module will be “clouded”, similar to Protection for kids (in my image). 
  • And, when there a KIS major update, KPM will again be bundled, and you’ll have to repeat steps 1 to 3:angry:

(imo), it’d be better if a install  KPM [yes] [no] prompt was offered, during KIS install, upgrade:thinking:

Thank you:pray_tone3:

Ok. Please don’t do this kind of thing anymore (put a an obvious No button (and do not show this again) in the popup) or I will find a different antivirus software program.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hello @queshaw,

Welcome!

Thank you for posting, “put an obvious No button and do not show this again, in the popup”, we agree:ok_hand_tone3:

The other option is to have the “additonal” modules announced during an install / update, that way Kaspersky Customers can choose which modules are required.

The issue and options have been raised with Kaspersky Technical Support, hopefully they will apply a fix in the not to distant future:thinking:

Thank you:pray_tone3:

Reply / Ответить