Kaspersky
Solved

How do I disable the pop-up, on-screen Kaspersky keyboard?

• 10 September 2019
  • 8 replies

The Kaspersky virtual/on-screen "keyboard" pops up and I don't need it. How do I disable the pop-up, on-screen Kaspersky keyboard?
icon

Best answer by FLOOD 11 September 2019, 04:58

Kaspersky virtual/on-screen "keyboard" pops up and I don't need it. How do I disable the pop-up, on-screen Kaspersky keyboard?

Hello @dmarrduncan,
MAC-KIS, there's no "settings", Turn off/on automatic display of the onscreen keyboard

1) KIS application icon, open Protection Centre, choose Preferences
> application preferences window opens.
2) On Browsers tab, in Onscreen Keyboard section, deselect/untick Show onscreen keyboard

Also check:
  • Safe Money as OnScreen Keyboard is a Safe$ feature.
  • Privacy (there won't be OSKB, preferences in Privacy, but, there may be other Preferences you'd like to check/confirm)
& would you please kindly let me know the 4 recommendations please?

Please port back?
Thank you🙏🏽

KIS2020 Library
View original

8 replies

Added info: this for Mac running Mojave OS for Kaspersky Internet Security 20.
Userlevel 1

2, Then click additional

3.Click on Secure Data Input
4. Uncheck “show quick launch icon in data entry fields” and uncheck “Enable secure keyboard input”

That's it the keyboard will no longer pop up. But just remember it was put there for the reason of security especially when banking on line for instance. It makes no sound and therefore cannot be heard by anyone listening in from outside etc, unlike your real keyboard which can be heard by hackers with the right equipment. Yes people can do that, through the glass in your windows.

Hope it helps anyway
Thank you. I have seen this solution before, but I don't have the "settings" (gear icon) in the bottom left hand corner and I can't seem to find a path to the settings area. See attached: this is what I see when I open the application. So... what am I missing? How do I get to settings?

Userlevel 1
Do you know what version of KIS your running?
Userlevel 1
So if it's within a browser your talking about then take a look at the Video link in green in the last line of the text below, right click it and open the link in a new tab. You can switch it off and on in the browser your using. If that doesn't help then let us know.

Kaspersky Protection is added to your browser automatically after the installation of the Kaspersky lab application. When you open the browser for the first time after the installation of the Kaspersky Lab application, the browser will show you the notification prompting to enable the Kaspersky Protection extension. If you skipped this notification, you can enable the extension in the browser settings. See the guide for your browser below.
Browsers that support the Kaspersky Protection extension:
  • Microsoft Internet Explorer 8.0, 9.0, 10.0, 11.0
  • Microsoft Internet Explorer versions 8.0 – 11.0 in the new Windows interface style are not supported.
  • Mozilla Firefox 52.x-65.x
  • Mozilla Firefox ESR 52.x60.x
  • Google Chrome 48.x-72.x
Scroll down to watch the video about management options in the Kaspersky Protection extension.
Userlevel 7
Badge +5
Kaspersky virtual/on-screen "keyboard" pops up and I don't need it. How do I disable the pop-up, on-screen Kaspersky keyboard?

Hello @dmarrduncan,
MAC-KIS, there's no "settings", Turn off/on automatic display of the onscreen keyboard

1) KIS application icon, open Protection Centre, choose Preferences
> application preferences window opens.
2) On Browsers tab, in Onscreen Keyboard section, deselect/untick Show onscreen keyboard

Also check:
  • Safe Money as OnScreen Keyboard is a Safe$ feature.
  • Privacy (there won't be OSKB, preferences in Privacy, but, there may be other Preferences you'd like to check/confirm)
& would you please kindly let me know the 4 recommendations please?

Please port back?
Thank you🙏🏽

KIS2020 Library
Yes, going to Preferences --> Browser --> uncheck the OS keyboard box. Worked. Thanks.
Userlevel 7
Badge +5
Hello @dmarrduncan,
That's wonderful news, I'm glad it worked!
Thank you for letting us know🙏🏽

Reply / Ответить